1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Custom Shop Jaco Bass for $2600?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by throughmylens87, Mar 11, 2013.

1. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    If you guys could snag one at this price would you do it? I don't play fretless, more considering it for investment potential. Thoughts?

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    snag it!

3. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    at that price, I bet it's all beat up lookin... :bag:

4. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Me? No way.

5. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    If you build it, they will come. :)

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

In a heartbeat. If I could get that in my area I would buy it today and sell my Jaco tribute bass. I hear the greatest of things about the CS Jaco and would kill for one at a good price like that.

They occasionally go for less but that is a good price.

EDIT: Just read your post. Don't ever buy a bass for an investment. That is a bad plan and will probably lose you money, there are MUCH better investments to make. This bass is NOT a good investment.

7. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    Badump-ch!

8. throughmylens87

throughmylens87

Oct 9, 2011
    All points noted. I forgot to mention this would be a brand new un played bass.

9. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    a new CS Jaco at approximate Dealer Cost!:hyper:

if i had the cash i could've bought my choice between four brand new CS's at cost from my friend's shop.:crying:

10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You might make a few hundred on it, but you might end up sitting on $2600 for a month or three.

Unplayed from some guy = used. Unplayed from store = New old stock.

If you take it out of the store it isn't worth retail and you won't get retail for that reason. The bass will be used whether you play or not.

I personally wouldn't buy it to flip, I would buy it to play though.

11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    A CS Jaco showed up on my local craigs about a year ago for 1200 bucks. Now that could have been a possible investment...