1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender custom shop jazz bass 5 OR fender deluxe jazz bass 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boston/ton, Mar 12, 2008.

1. boston/ton

boston/ton

May 28, 2003
    fender custom shop jazz 5 vs fender deluxe jazz 5

:meh:

what is the defferences between a fender custom shop jazz bass 5 and a deluxe jazz 5, i can`t see it or is`s it just a play on`word`s to pay more money for custom shop bass,
    i see deluxe jazz bass 5 cost about $1,399.00 and the custom shop jazz bass 5 cost about $2,000 to $2,600 USD.
    if you all know the defferences tell me, maybe a Lakland darry jone bass 5.

Attached Files:

2. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    $600 - $1,200

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    My first guess is that the custom shop is passive, but that might not be the case. It's probably just a smaller number of basses produced and a more unique look, like the use of different wood and/or color combos.

But if it were up to me, I'd just get a regular deluxe. Which I did, and I LOVE.

4. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    I would *hope* the custom shop bass is a big step up from there deluxe bass, I owned a deluxe Jazz 5 for 6-years and the happiest I ever was with that bass was the day I sold it:(
    The bass looked great, but as the story goes "Looks can be deceiving"
    faadjv.

It really did look great, but the build quality :rolleyes: was just horrible.

5. What was wrong with it?

Anyway, Deluxe is 18V active with SCN pickups. CS is old school with vintage pickups.

-e-
    Oh, unless you're talking about the Custom Classic. Then, well, it's supposed to have higher quality wood, and uses Noiseless pickups, instead.

6. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    The build quality of the bass was just awfull, the neck pocket was very sloppy with a LOT of play in it. I had a very difficult time keeping the bass in tune, the body wood was also very soft and the strap buttons constantly pulled out and took more of the wood with them.
    I paid right around $1000 back in 98 for that bass and it should have been much better built for that kind of money.

7. Wow, that's really abysmal. The few I've dealt with in stores were fairly well made.