1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender custom shop pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I have searched the Fender site and the internet for an answer to this question without finding an answer.

I am shopping for a MIA precision bass. My local store has two. One is the MIA standard. The other is a MIA standard with custom shop pups.

What are the differences between the two pups? Why custom shop pups on one and standard pups on the other?

Thanks in advance.

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    custom shop pickups are warmer and more tubby sounding, that said, they both sound like a pbass, just the non cs one is going to be a little more focused and have more output, i personally don't think it makes a big difference, the custom shop pickups were put in all american standards recently to distinguish them from the previous run, my 2009 highway one had the regular pickups and it sounded really good like a precision should

3. Grissle

Grissle

May 17, 2009
    I thought that it was the new Js that got the CS 60s pups and the Ps have the '62 Originals?

4. PJRL

PJRL

Mar 27, 2010
    greenfield center NY
    What CS P-ups would they be in a P bass ?