Fender Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jmann, May 11, 2005.

1. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    Damnit... i get a right handed pre CBS fender and now i want a left handed one. cant find one.

I was thinking about a left handed time machine NOS custom Jazz bass, but i cant find info on them anywhere. Does the fender custom shop build left handed basses? Are they as good as the pre CBS fenders? Rumor has it that the only difference between the custom shop and american lines is the custom shop stamp on the HS. Any truth to this?

Please dont tell me to get a Sadowsky or a Lakland JO or *insert high end fender like bass here* (no disrespect to those companies, esp. Sadowsky)

I want a fender... if i wanted a sadowsky i would buy one...

advice please...
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    From what I've heard the difference is that Custom shop basses are built with attention to detail by a master builder, all other fenders are mass produced.
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Pyrohr is right. Calling FMIC (I think it's 480-596-9690) would be a good place to start.
  4. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    thanks guys! ill get on that today
  5. Do you want to see the best bass ever built by Fender?
  6. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Two mice? A glass of milk? I'm almost afraid to ask.
  7. have you seen catch me if you can.

chirstopher walken.(sp?) tells a story about two mice put ina glass of milk one dies and one walks out of the cheese.
  8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    The main difference between Fender Custom Shop and the other Fender basses (besides the Artist series) is that the Custom Shop basses are extremely nice and the others are complete crap.

Sorry, I just had a bad break-up with a MIM Jazz Bass.
  9. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    While you're on the phone with Fender, ask them the difference between "regular" Custom Shop, Team Built, and Master Built.

Not sure how much money you want to spend, but there is a difference.
  10. If you wanted a Sadowsky, you couldn't have one anyway.

Roger doesn't make lefties. :spit:
  11. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    i believe they do make lefties, think its an extra 300 bucks tho
  12. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    are you sure? im alomst positive i saw a red one on the web...

yes, yes he does...