1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender CXA1 In Ear Monitors - $49

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by NoElephant, Apr 26, 2018.

1. NoElephant

NoElephant

Dec 14, 2016
    Fender CXA1

I'm not finding a lot of info on these, but at the very least they should make a fine backup pair?

2. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Forgive my ignorance but what exactly do you use these for? Also the picture shows a wire hanging down, are these not wireless?

3. NoElephant

NoElephant

Dec 14, 2016
    You can use them as regular headphones if you would like. They have a cord and a 1/8" jack.

If you want to use them as monitors, you will need an in ear monitor amplifier..

For wireless you would need something like a Shure-psm-300.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro...nal-monitoring-system-with-se112-gr-earphones

For in ear monitoring on the cheap you could go wired and use the Behringer Power-play or
    similar.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro...nitor-amplifier?rNtt=behringer in ear&index=2

(I've no affiliation with musicians friend.)

4. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    Fender bought a company called aurisonics that made iems. They were a pretty high end company, so I bet they're pretty decent. Keep in mind iems are made to be clear, not pleasing necessarily. They're not going to sound like a set of "Beats".

FingerDub likes this.
  5. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    So basically they are like headphones and not really for any bass related application.

6. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    Usually they're used on stage instead of regular monitors. I noticed these have a built-in mic, which makes me wonder if they're even meant to be used on stage. The coolest thing about them (imho) is that when you munge the cord, you can just unplug it, buy another and plug it in without replacing the actual earbuds.

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Or for phone calls and Siri-type stuff:

"• High-quality in-line microphone with 3-button remote for phone calls and music control"

8. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    I noted that they have a mic. IEMs don’t usually have a mic, so I wondered if they are meant to be used for iem or just general phone/music use.