fender cyber twin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick Gann, May 1, 2002.

1. yes

8 vote(s)
  2. no

5 vote(s)
  1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Who thinks Fender should make a Cyber Twin for bass? I sure a h3ll do!!
  2. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    yeah, i played one of those on the gutiar, that thing is beast, all the old school fender amps and a real tube preamp AND it sounds good.
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The problem would be is fender haven't made that many amazing sought after bass amps most of the bassman series ended up being used by guitarists.

Then theres the speaker issue should it have 2x10 4x10, 2x12. best idea would be to put it in a head format.

But all in all there just haven't been enough decent fender amps to make it worth modeling them. (Unless you could include some of the sunn amps)
  4. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    If they could pull it off [in a head version] -i'd say i want one of the first ones that my city has, but i ,sadly, don't think they could pull one off with enough of the amp sounds to make it a good marketing move-i mean i know the Cyber Twin is different from the Bass POD & POD Pro along with the Korg/Roland/midi stuff, but what would make the Cyber BassMan [guessin on a name] worth it over a POD or a Midi/amp modeler? i've love to see one but i don't think it would be done to well. Thats all
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah the trick would be modeling non-fender amps. if they won't do that, the amp would suck.

but if say, they had a fender bassman, swr grand prix, eden navigator, sunn 300T, ampeg SVT, aguilar db680, ebs fafner, etc etc it'd be a very very sweet amp.
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    exactly they would have to put all types of amps into it not just fender amps.
  7. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    so you mean it would basically be a Bass POD? You can buy one of those now you know....