1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender dealer with the lowest advertised pricing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RS, Sep 29, 2008.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks.

RS

2. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Look around. Don't expect others to do your leg work for you. Just kidding.

Anyway, most companies that rely on web sales or send out flyers are going to have the same price on Fenders because it's part of the contract they sign to be come a Fender dealer. The contract pretty much states that their advertised price can not be lower than a certain amount.

Some companies, like Ric, tell these dealers that they can't post prices on their website, hence the need for the "email best price" button.

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    eBay is your friend. I picked up my 2008 MIA J for under a grand after shipping.

4. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    OT, I don't know about the "ebay being your friend" thing. With all the policy changes going on at ebay lately, quite a few private sellers are going elsewhere to sell their stuff, and so are quite a few dealers. It's mostly storefronts and pawnshops now. Granted, there are some private people still using ebay, and still some good deals to be had there, but not so much anymore. I remember a few years ago, when you went to the Bass guitar section on ebay, there would beover 5000 listings, now you go there and there's about 1/2 that.