1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender decal for reverse head stock

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by patplaysbass, Jul 9, 2012.

1. I'm going to order a new Jazz neck from Warmoth and was thinking about getting the reverse head stock. Because why not? It looks cool. I'm a sucker for the early 70's-style Fender Jazz Bass decal though, does anyone know if there's somewhere I can get one with a reverse contour? Something like this (forgive the crude MS Paint job).

H0LEh.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Just use a regular decal to complete the look of a grafted lefty neck. Seriously now, you can get waterslide material for inkjet printers and make one.

3. I know that those are fairly easy to find, but I'm trying to give it it's own mojo by being readable while playing right-handed.

4. Do a search for custom waterslide decals, I know there is a guy who makes them on this forum.

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I got that and see your reasoning. Look around fleabay, I have seen decal makers there that will do custom stuff for you

6. IMO...

You should put the logo on so that it is upside down!

#1) looks way more authentic

#2) People can still read it...and be more proud of themselves for reading upside down and then be in awe at your obviously one of a kind Fender!

(Fender got it wrong on the "pawn shop" reverse headstock bass ... the one in the real pawn shop would surely have the logo in the Proper "upside down" orientation).

7. Lavmonga to the rescue! My tag everywhere (website, twitter, facebook, you name it) is "patplaysbass". Because I'm Pat, and I play bass. So he's made me a design that emulates what I was originally looking for, except it's "Pat" instead of "Fender" and "PLAYS BASS" instead of "JAZZ BASS". I'm looking forward to the final product, and Lavmonga is quick and easy to work with. I'd strongly recommend (as would other TBers, judging by the threads I've found).