1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by miketallica315, Oct 14, 2013.

1. miketallica315

miketallica315

Aug 16, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I recently acquired this bass from a TB'er a few weeks ago. I traded him my Jazz Bass 24 for the Deluxe Active. Never have I been more pleased with a trade. I just finished a gig with my jazz trio and this bass was just amazing. Played through my mentor's Acoustic Image, the A.I. was really strong in mid-range (he is predominately a double bass player so that is perfect for him) but I was able to get a great sound anyway. I mostly set the blend knob to favor the bridge pickup and left the treble flat, bumped the bass just slightly, and the mid knob actually boosted just a touch. The bass cut through perfectly. I love the noiseless pickups. They are voiced nicely. Anyways, no matter what genre of music you play this bass is a fantastic tool for the job. Great build quality, great price, and a great bass. I love it.

2. Love mine even more with tape wounds. Try a set .

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Congrats for the bass and +1 for the proposal to adopt tapered strings on it

I gotta add: 4er is way better than the 5er version. Even if the latter has bright soundin' Pau Ferro fingerboard, matchin' quite fine deep alder body sound, the former rosewood board is placed on a way more stable neck and open gear tuners work better than Gotoh compact ones

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I have a 2011 MIA Jazz Deluxe. I love the way it plays and the sound is decent but one problem I have is that there is a huge drop in output when switching to passive mode. In fact, my passive Precision is much louder than the Jazz Deluxe is when in passive mode. I am in the process of switching the Deluxe to a passive bass. I purchased a set of Lindy Fralin jazz pickups, over wound 8% which will give me more output, slightly more mids and bottom end. I am using 250k pots and Orang Drop .047 capacitors.