Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FooBass, Sep 7, 2004.

1. FooBass

FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    What do you think of em'?

2. Sound like the American Deluxes, play like the other MIMs. Pretty good bass all in all.

3. I played one and loved it. Fat sound, but very versatile. I played the one with the single-pole pickups. I want to play the new one with the bi-pole Noiseless pickups.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Great bass! The 2004 bass has samarium cobalt "noiseless" pups by Bill Lawrence in them! I own a 98 MIA Dlx jazz with the Suhr Electronics and pups, a 2003 Victor Bailey Jazz bass. The Victor Bailey is "off da hook fa sure". All the Fender haters love this bass!

5. I think hes talkin about the MIM, but I'm not sure.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Oh dip! my bad!
    I got one of those too! nice bass for the money.

7. FooBass

FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    does this bass have a nice funk sound? can i capture a good flea sound?

8. It can get quite a few tones well. It doesn't perfectly emulate the passive Fender tone but more than makes up with its versatility. Besides, it still sounds just as good as a passive Fender IMO.

9. FooBass

FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    would you just get the standard oor go for the deluxe active?

10. FooBass

FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    with the active can i still get a good jonesy sound (led zep)or timmy c (rage against the machine)?

11. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    pyrohr ! check this out.The Victor Bailey Sig. 5 string Jazz bass will be out in Jan 05.Man ! I can't wait.

12. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I had the MIA Fender Deluxe 5 string "Active Jazz bass and loved it. The tone was just awesome.

13. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    The passive and active are two different breeds of cat. The jazz passive has one great tone that can be varied a bit with tone knob, string choice, etc. The active has a wide variety of tones. Because of the passive's tone variety, it can be more of a main axe, while the passive is a bit more of a specialty tone, like for blues or jazz. But if blues and jazz standards is what you play, the passive can cover your needs beautifully.

14. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    **pyrohr hits floor**

Okay i'm back, what's this a VB 5 string! oh my GOD! I just finished jammin out with my VB 4 string and it straight up smokes a lot of boutique basses twice and three times the price. I just ordered a FMT 5string with the new "Samarium Cobalt Noiseless" pups designed by Bill Lawrence himself!. I played a 4string version and it sounds real sweet. All new MIA DLX jazzes will have these pups.

15. Hi Guys,
    I recently picked up one of the new USA Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V basses and I have to say that the new pick-ups are really great. The electronics seem to have much more headroom than before thx also in part to the 18volt power supply. I have recorded a few trks that can be heard at the link below if anyone wants to hear the new Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pick-ups in action. Check out the tune on my page called "bottom feeders" it was recorded over this past weekend.

http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Bassjones/

Paul

16. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    It's here! It's here,
    I ordered it Friday and had shipping expedited. My buddy called me up before I got home from work and left a message to come down my bass was there!

Fender MIA DLX FMT 5string with samarium cobalt noiseless pups
    Here's some early spur of the moment pics

17. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Congrat's on your new bass.

18. How do you like it pyrohr. Man, you're my hero, I love all your Fenders!

19. This thread is going off-topic... maybe a new thread on the American Deluxes in in hand? Anyways, pyrohr, you have a 98 Am Deluxe right? With the Suhr pickups? How do the SCN compare to them? I'm got the Suhr ones myself and I didn't notice much of a difference with the SCN, but I didn't have both on hand to compare directly with the same amp.