Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Feb 20, 2005.

1. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Your thoughts? It seems to be one of the less appreciated Fender MIM basses, but I personally think that the active electronics and beautiful brown sunburst with tortoise shell pickguard make it worth the $560 it goes for.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I believe ive played one at a local shop, blackwith ts pickguard. It was listed for $499 i believe, bc its been sitting there for a bit. It was a pretty nice bass, definitely worth the money, and better than a lot of stuff in the price range.
  3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Mine plays and sounds great. It a few years old so it doesn't have the noiseless pickups you get on the current model, but it does have the pickups and preamp from the US model that was out at the time (it's a '99 or '00 model). I think it's a great buy in its price range.

My only complaint - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAVY!
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    great for the price and the tone!
  5. I prefer passive instruments, but I've tried the Deluxe V and it sounded just great.

They're too expensive here in Australia, so I can't justify the cost of a real Fender here. Maybe when I travel back to America I might find a deal. But for now, no Fender jazz.

But they DO sound nice. Quite a round tone for a jazz.
  6. Dadio

Dec 30, 2000
    Uxbridge, Canada
    I have one and am VERY pleased with it. I have the new MIM model with Noiseless Pickups (a Vintage White one) I traded in my 96 USA Passive Jazz on it and for me theres no comparison. MUCH more versatile sound, great tone in my opinion, and plays better. Its become the most played bass in my arsenal .. (the others are 67 Hofner, 82 JV Squier P, 95 P-Lyte).