Fender Deluxe Active Jazz MIM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jellybass, Dec 21, 2005.

1. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I have to say how impressed I am with this bass. I was in the market for a new active 4 string jazz bass and read about this bass on talkbass over the past few days. From all accounts, this appears to be an American Jazz put together in Mexico with the previous years american electronics and this thing is a beast. Every sound I want is in this bass and it plays incredibly easy. If anyone is in the market for a great, inexpensive Jazz, check this bass out, Fender has a sleeper with this one.
  2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    All of the MIM instruments are basiclly made in the US and put together in Mexico.
  3. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    Thanks, I didn't know that.
  4. Jellybass,
    Just "upgraded" to an 2005 Deluxe Active V about 3 months ago from my original 2002 poplar bodied CAR Deluxe Active V.
    The thing that really swayed me was that the Alder bodied one "vibrated" un-amplified, I' mean you can tell it was really vibrant. so I figured through my Eden Metro it'll sound great. The only thing I don't dig is the Bass is'nt as loud as my Sting-ray or Sr5, meaning I have to really crank the master on my amp to match those basses. Don't know if it's just the way the pre is, but, I love the neck, and the action is really low without buzzes! Perfect! congrat's on your new Bass.

Bobbo 77"