Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by savagelucy, Apr 28, 2002.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    hi everyone,

for my next bass i'm thinking of buying a fender deluxe active jazz bass. i've played it and like it alot, but i have a question about the finer details.

please tell me how this bass (or any mexican fenders) rate in the following fields:

-electrnoics shielding (i've heard from somebody they are badly shielded)

-reliability (how long will it last with moderate-heavy use)

-pick-ups ( each pup has one pole peice per string other jazz basses have 2/string, is only one bad?)

any other comments are welcome too.

thanks

2. Noah-Fecks

Noah-Fecks

Sep 13, 2000
    Scotia, NY
    word. yeh i have all the same questions as you but I can't find the anwers. It's strange how no one has any cvomment (good/bad) on this bass.

3. I've had one and they are very nice.The pickups on them are the same ones as the American made ones used till a couple of years ago.They are humbuckers so they are pretty quiet.The preamp is the same one that Fender still uses on it's American made deluxe series and is great.I had trouble with the neck on mine but it was probably a fluke thing.The only thing that it could use would be a heftier bridge to give it better punch and sustain.If you get one with a good neck they are a very good buy.I used mine on some very noise prone stages and never had a noise problem.

4. Noah-Fecks

Noah-Fecks

Sep 13, 2000
    Scotia, NY
    neck problem?
    warped?
    I had a MIM Fender Jazz neck & it warped too fast.

5. DareDevil

DareDevil

Feb 17, 2002
    Southport, FL
    they're decent basses, my friend has one for sale if you wanna buy it it's a five string, that's black with a sparkle red pick guard, he's only had it for a couple of weeks

6. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    that bass sounds pretty sweet, i'm lookin for a four-string though.

thaks for the comments and keep 'em comin

7. i've got a mexican standard jazz. it wasn't shielded at all until i did it. lots of buzz.....but that can be expected with single-coil pickups.