1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender deluxe active p bass special (new) vs g&l l2000 tribute

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OscarNoControl, May 4, 2018.

1. OscarNoControl

OscarNoControl

Apr 29, 2018
    Both can be active/passive , what's your opinion?

2. Perrygoround

Perrygoround

Jun 27, 2016
    I came here just wondering the same. I have selled one bass, my birthday is coming, I have no bass at my current home after a moving. So of all the basses I was considering, I have come down to those two.
    The G&L has the bridge humbucker -which I prefer- and is a bit cheaper (about 150 pounds). The Fender has a 3 band active EQ -which I find more usefull than the 2 band- EQ, and I think that being a Fender it will hold value better.
    Other than that, the feel and weight is of high importance to me. I don't think I will be able to find a G&L to try before buying. The Fender will be more easy to try in person...

Has anyone here actually compared these 2 basses? What are the differences in weigth? how they compare sonically?

3. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    L2000s (be them American or Tribute) are killer basses. Love the pickups/preamp system! Bravo!

4. Perrygoround

Perrygoround

Jun 27, 2016
    I pulled the trigger on the Fender. Will let you know how it turns.