1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe D String Buzz Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassBeginer64, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    My Fender Deluxe seems to have a buzz on the D string, happens open and while playing, it stops when I place pressure on the string at the nut? I used a Fret Wrap, and its on tight at the nut and seems to help, but still has that annoying buzz, I feel it whil I am playing, Bad String, Too low of cut nut? raise the string?
    Had a .056" in now has a .065" in it (FlatWounds)

2. If you can post pics of the nut and a close up of the offending string at the nut, I'm sure the folks in here can help you better. To my completely un-trained ear, it sounds like your D string is not seated properly in the nut. You've gone from a .056 to .065... did you re-cut the nut?
    Also, check your break angle over the nut and bridge on that string.
    Fishheadjoe

3. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Well I hope these pics help 1127182207b (002). 1127182209 (002).

4. Side shot of strings at the nut. the d string looks low to me but cant tell.