1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jessicabass, Jun 16, 2014.

1. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
  2. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    This is a 24 fret bass so not exactly a standard J neck other than being the same nut width. I believe it's made in Indonesia and it's active. They usually resell for around $350 or so, so it's right in there price-wise. I've not played one but have looked at them in the past as it has many features I like; string-thru, 24 frets, 6 bolt neck, active/passive. They look to be a lot of bass for that kind of money.

Oh, others I have seen have a dark brown trans stain on the backs. I prefer the look of this one.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

If this is the model I think it is, and I'm pretty darn certain it is, it's Made In Korea, fully active and sports Seymour Duncan pickups. That being the case, JIO's right…it's neck won't fit on standard Fender or Squier bodies.

JIO likes this.
  4. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    Thank you both.

JIO likes this.
  5. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    I stand corrected! As that is true, being MIK is even better! (good quality)

6. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    jessicabass and JIO like this.
  7. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
  8. jessicabass

jessicabass