Fender Deluxe Jazz Preamp/Control Plate.. SUHR

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by eyeballkid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    This is the preamp and control plate out of a 97 Fender Deluxe American Jazz. It is the one designed by John Suhr that everyone seems to really love. I do. The blue tape on the wires are labels marking what the wire goes to. Just solder it in to the same spots on yours and solder the three black wires that would go to the tone knob from your bass and VIOLA! a butt kickin new tone machine. The preamp works great and is very versatile. I switched it out for another just like it. The reason is that most of these preamps were dead quiet (just how I like em) but some were known for some slightly audible background hiss. This one is one of those. Its not bad, just noticeable, unless you do extreme settings like full tone, full treble, but I cant stand any hiss at all, especially since I use a compressor which accentuates it in my signal... so I switched it out.

ask any questions.
    $85 shipped

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    :hyper:

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I'm new to these. Whats the controls? V/V/T(B&T)/Mids?

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    its Volume, Pickup Blend (center is both pickups full), Stacked Bass/Treble, Tone (or mids to some).

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    bump.

6. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bump

7. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    PM sent!

8. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    Payment sent.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021