1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fender deluxe p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 17, 2004.

1. has anybody ever tried or herd of the fender deluxe p bass it a has a vintage p bass pcikup and a vintage jazz pickup, it is a p bass body and a jazz neck, it also has a gold alumanim pickgaurd. its around $500 so it is a good price.

2. 2 of my friends have those. i like them as a P bass. they really do not have much of a jazz bass sound at all, even when you solo the j pick up. its just like a brighter p bass

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bought mine about 4 years ago. It's pickguard is brass. I love the radius on the neck (7.5) and the very narrow nut width (1-1/2"). I have made some mods to mine. I added a BadAss II Bridge for better sustain and I changed the pickups to EMG's. I also added a 18v EMG preamp to give it a much better attack. The feel of the bass is awesome. I cannot say enough about the neck. If you buy one, you I am sure you will love it.

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I put Nordstrand pickups into mine, and use TI Jazz flats.

I've always loved P basses. This one is definetly my favorite bass. It's the one thats in my hands 99 percent of the time.

Tim :hyper:

5. Yeah I had a MIA one for a while, it was a great bass, had to sell it sadly, if anyone in UK is selling one let me know. subaudio@hotmail.com

6. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    It's my main bas. It's not a J and P bass combined, it's a P-bass with an attitude :cool:
    Since I'm not realy the richest guy alive, I'm quite happy with this beeing my main bas. It sounds awesome.
    I've had some problems when buying it, though: the bass was grounded on the pickguard, so when I replaced the pickguard with a black one (I have a pretty bass now :p ), the grounding was messed up. I fixed it, and now it's super!

laterz