Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender deluxe p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 17, 2004.

1. has anybody ever tried or herd of the fender deluxe p bass it a has a vintage p bass pcikup and a vintage jazz pickup, it is a p bass body and a jazz neck, it also has a gold alumanim pickgaurd. its around $500 so it is a good price.

2. 2 of my friends have those. i like them as a P bass. they really do not have much of a jazz bass sound at all, even when you solo the j pick up. its just like a brighter p bass

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bought mine about 4 years ago. It's pickguard is brass. I love the radius on the neck (7.5) and the very narrow nut width (1-1/2"). I have made some mods to mine. I added a BadAss II Bridge for better sustain and I changed the pickups to EMG's. I also added a 18v EMG preamp to give it a much better attack. The feel of the bass is awesome. I cannot say enough about the neck. If you buy one, you I am sure you will love it.

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I put Nordstrand pickups into mine, and use TI Jazz flats.

I've always loved P basses. This one is definetly my favorite bass. It's the one thats in my hands 99 percent of the time.

Tim :hyper:

5. Yeah I had a MIA one for a while, it was a great bass, had to sell it sadly, if anyone in UK is selling one let me know. subaudio@hotmail.com

6. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    It's my main bas. It's not a J and P bass combined, it's a P-bass with an attitude :cool:
    Since I'm not realy the richest guy alive, I'm quite happy with this beeing my main bas. It sounds awesome.
    I've had some problems when buying it, though: the bass was grounded on the pickguard, so when I replaced the pickguard with a black one (I have a pretty bass now :p ), the grounding was messed up. I fixed it, and now it's super!

laterz