1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe P Special OR Fender American Deluxe P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaptainDaniels, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I was pretty set on buying a Deluxe P Special for a while however, now that I'm about to pull the trigger I'm having second thoughts. So I turn to you, members of TB, what would you rather have in your arsenal? A MIM Deluxe P Special or to spend the extra $$ for the American Deluxe P?

2. American Deluxe all the way. I've heard too many negative things about the P Special and the MIA Deluxe is a great bass.

3. +1 on the MIA, i have one and it KILLS
    its a 4 stringer in trans teal with a maple board, and its amazing :hyper:

4. Yeah I know the American Deluxe is a solid bass but the price difference is huge between the two and I'm working on a pretty close budget. Is it worth the extra cash as compared the the P Special? What are some of the negative things about the P Special?

5. Mainly these three things - they tend to be pretty heavy, pickups are so-so, tuners so-so. I wouldn't want to spend the money upgrading all of these things when I could have spend the money on the MIA and had a MUCH better bass to start with.

6. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I bought a MIM p bass special when i was 16 cuz i was dumb, bought into a badass upgrade and i thought it was sweet 3 years later i realized how dumb i was it kinda sucked with pickups , thin sounding , noisy. Not to mention the fit and finish was kinda off, Sold it for funds for a car when i was 17 thank god

7. Alright so I guess I'm going for the American P..thanks for your help. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for a sweet deal to come by on ebay or something and I most likely won't have a bass for my gig on the 17th. I sold mine and have been practicing on a GSR200 and I really do not want to gig that again. Sh*t. Anyone want to let me borrow a bass??? haha.

8. Also keep an eye out at Music Go Round, GBase and the TB classifieds.

9. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

Don't forget to look at craigslist.org either.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Am Dlx P is a fantastic bass, really nice fit and finish, superb playability, and a whole wide range of tonal options. My only non-Ric bass.

11. ithump4

ithump4

Sep 6, 2008
    Alabama
    Got a MIA PBass Special California Series. Really like it. Had for about 12 yrs. Purchased it new. No problems with it. Just bought a PBASS Special (Aerodyne). MIJ. Plays & sounds great. Not sure on longevity, guess I will ffind out.