1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe Power Strat

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by powellmacaque, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I know this is a bass forum, but I couldn't just join a guitar forum for one question.

My friend has a power strat that he's been trying to get rid of forever.
    It's the kind that's HSS with a piezo bridge pickup. He loves the feel and playability of this strat, but his pickups are REALLY hot. Very trebly and brittle sounding.

He wants to get rid of it, but he paid $900 for it and is only getting offered $200-$300 for it.

I'm was thinking of suggesting an active/passive switch as a cheaper alternative to replacing pickups or selling the guitar for a loss. Would this cure the "hotness" or does it have more to do with the guitar itself? Any help would be appreciated.

2. kbraker510

kbraker510 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2008
    he would be better off changing out the pickups.....2 or 3 hundred eh? sounds like he is talking to gc. if he still wants to unload it, he can always try ebay or cl

3. Yea that's what he's thinking. Even a local music shop offered him $275. But I think both places thought it was just a Fender Deluxe...

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Never sell at a music store. Use CL or Ebay. And +1 to change out the pups.

5. kbraker510

kbraker510 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2008
    or you could alays list it for him in the classified, but the power strats are killer sweet