1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special Active Black - tort & gold pickguards

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman10096, Apr 24, 2018.

1. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Price:
    $450
    Strings:
    Sold. Thanks for looking!

What the hey, I’m open to trades too. Short or medium scales are strongest interest.

Price reduced to $450 shipped to CONUS. This is a great bass for the price. Typical used models advertise for $599-699. I want this bass to move out to replenish funds. I’m only letting it go to fund a Warmoth build and recent Lakland acquisition (making this bass redundant). I'm looking for what I paid plus the cost of swapping out the original P pickup for a Quarter pounder. Also, I added a tort pickguard but will also include the original, gold guard (see pictures). Comes shipped in OHSC with original case candy .

$450 shipped to CONUS.

Great range of tones available from this bass. The preamp is very versatile and the controls are all useful. Runs dead quiet. Controls are pretty detailed for a moderately-priced instrument - not "full on to full off" like others. It can sound like a straight P, a mix or even a pretty convincing J sound. Classic to snappy to modern.

Condition is very good, but the bass has light play wear. All hardware is great and fretwear is minimal . Not much wear overall. I only had it out to gig a couple of times in the year I've owned it. Always traveled in HSC. Everything works fine. Electronics were recently gone over. No noticeable damage or or anything unsightly. I value my reputation, so I'd give it an 8.5/10 to be safe, but for my own standards I’d rate it better. Case is in nice shape with only a scuff or two (see pix). Please note, marks in the pic of the back of the bass are smudges, not scuffs.

Strung w new Pyramid flats.

Here are the details:

• Alder, P body
    • J width neck w rosewood board
    • Seymour Duncan quarter pounder P pickup
    • Fender Noiseless J pickup
    • Volume, Blend, Treble/Bass (stacked), Midrange
    • Straplocks
    • Original hard shell case

PM me with any questions or reasonable offer. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0382.JPG IMG_0388.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0393.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    basslifter, BradH and MycooLeeyun like this.
  2. Maryvillebass

Maryvillebass Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Maryville, TN
    That looks great with that tort!

3. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Thanks. It’s one of my fave combinations (tied w LPB and tort).

BradH likes this.
  4. Johnny21

Johnny21

Mar 19, 2018
    NJ
    That's a sexy one. How much does she weigh?

5. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Thanks. Out of town till Sunday. I’ll weigh it up and reply then. It’s neither ultra heavy nor featherweight. So I’m guessing it’ll be in the 9 range.

6. bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I get 9.2 lb via the highly precise bathroom scale method.