1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Deluxe Series Jazz Bass 24 V: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superkicky, Sep 21, 2008.

1. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
  2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Subscribed. I was about to post this same topic.

3. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
    bump.. anybody?

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have played one and thought it wasw quite nice. I may get one in a month or so. The neck is nice and wide, I think it is a full 19mm instead of 18.5mm like a MIA Fender Jazz V.

5. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I played two of these on separate occasions and almost bought one each time. It seems like the preamps were problematic when the 4-string version was released, but I haven't heard any complaints about that since they were first released. I would probably replace the preamp anyways, but not because it sounds bad, just because I like to tinker. In any case, its hard to beat for the money. Great low B for a 34" scale under $1000, love the 19mm spacing, and the EQ and pickups give plenty of versatility. Its not perfect, but its about as close as you'll get under a grand IME.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The May, 2007 issue of Bass Player has a review of the five and four string 24 fret Jazzes. I know Bass Player can be close to puff pieces, but it seems to be genuinely positive.

7. mournblade

mournblade Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Only played the 4, and I was damn close to pulling the trigger. If I didn't have custom in the works, it would have followed me home.