1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Deluxe V-5 P Bass any opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Sep 22, 2005.

1. I was fooling arround with one of these last night at a local shop, seemed nice. It fit and it sounded cool. 5 String with a boost. Seems like it will cover a lot of ground in the right hands.
    What are your thoughts.

2. I've never played the 5 string, but played the 4 string twice and was very impressed.

The P pickup will deliver a nice, mellow almost vintage P tone to a harder, more modern-sounding one. Nicely voiced preamp.

The humbucker at the bridge has its own sound, and does not sound like a jazz bass bridge pup, but I liked it a lot. Blended, the two pups sounded great. :cool:

I didn't play it for long either time I tried it, but I feel this will be the bass I get if I ever buy another Fender. The only thing that would stop me would be a weak B string.

Here's the ash version: www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0194360731

I'd still like to check out a Roscoe Beck V before I make any decisions.

Mike

3. That is the one I was playing. It is nice looking. I was thinking of going back to give it another try.

Thanks for your thoughts.