1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Deluxe V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cjsh, May 2, 2003.

1. cjsh

cjsh

Apr 23, 2003
    I am interested in buying a used Fender, Mexican made, active pickup, deluxe, 5 string, good condition, year 2000

Is $300 good price?

2. cjsh

cjsh

Apr 23, 2003
    anyone have any opinion on this bass? I am looking for a 5 string bass for my son.

3. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Do you mean the fender american deluxe V with active pick ups? I wasn't aware that there was a mexican made version of this guitar. Or do you mean the jazz V? Do you have a pic?

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's called the Standard Jazz Deluxe V, I believe. It is indeed a MIM bass. I played one a couple weeks ago, and it had a VERY nice B string. I was so impressed with it I almost bought it, but just couldn't justify it. Now, understand that to me this was a complete oddity, beings that I usually hate Fender, and Fender B strings even more. Not shabby for an MIM, I tell you that much.

I dunno if the pups were active, but it had the full EQ (jack on the side) with 4 pots, one of which was a concentric pot .I can't remember which pot was which, but it was Volume/Pan/Bass+Treble/Mid or somesuch.