Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Deluxe Zone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rogereeve, May 18, 2002.

1. rogereeve

rogereeve

Mar 3, 2001
    uk
    Has anyone had any experience with the new fender deluxe zone bass? I have just purchased one here in UK and find it a very useful piece of equipment, Its very much like precision lyte which is now discontinued, it plays and sounds very good, although on the face of it I think it would benefit from a bridge swop, any cpmments from other members??

2. rogereeve

rogereeve

Mar 3, 2001
    uk
    comments is of course what i mean, does any other bass player have trouble typing with their large fingers?

3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have an American Deluxe P and I love it. I sure would like to try a Zone! Looks like a fine bass...

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I played one a couple of months back. I REALLY like this bass. Probably one of the best sounding Fenders to hit the market in a long while. Very comfortable to play. I think you'd have to have it for a while to make a call on something like the bridge. Why didn't you like it?

5. rogereeve

rogereeve

Mar 3, 2001
    uk
    My thoughts on changing the bridge is based only on my experience with a jazz bass where swopping the bridge for a badass was a big improvement. The zone bridge looks very similar to the standard jazz bridge and the same thought about changing it crossed my mind, not that i am disappointed at all with the sound. This bass has been available in US for some time but i have only just been able to get one here in UK so thought that there must be more bassist in US with some knowledge of them. That doesnt seem to be the case judging by the response to this posting.