Fender dimension american deluxe IV HH Root beer specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by perik, Jun 29, 2016.

1. perik

perik

Jun 28, 2016
    Porsgrunn, Norway
    Hi, my first post here, so hello to all!

I'm not a bassist, but sometimes I lay down some basslines in my project studio. Recently ordered a Fender dimension american deluxe IV HH in root beer colour that I got on a great deal. A bass way beyond my abilities and needs, but hey - I could do it so I did :) Now looking forward to a visit from UPS :)

To kill time while waiting, I am looking around the web for reviews, specs and the lot. And then starts discrepancies. Small and insignificant, but right now, it makes me wonder:

Some sources say the body of the Root beer version is alder, and with a synthetic bone nut. Other sources, like Fender's own home page, say the body is ash, with a bone nut.

Anyone have the final and correct information on this?

Thanks!

Erik

2. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    No, but I'd go with what Fender says instead of hearsay, until you know differently. Sounds like a beautiful instrument. I hope you post a few pics.:thumbsup:

3. perik

perik

Jun 28, 2016
    Porsgrunn, Norway
    Thanks for chiming in!

You're right - Fender info seems to be the right source. I actually e-mailed the scandinavian fender office, and they replied quickly, informing me that ash and proper bone nut was the correct info :)

I'll post pictures of the bass when I get it. Never thought I'd be stoked about a bass (I know - wrong forum to say such a thing ;-) ), but here I am, can hardly wait.