1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Dimension Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starmann, Mar 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Updated Roster:

#1 - starmann
    #2 - mapleglo
    #3 - Bassman Ski
    #4 - drlndrve
    #5 - Big Taters
    #6 - GroovingMike
    #7 - Soulpmpkin
    #8 - nance511
    #9 - Nick901
    #10 - javi_bassist
    #11 - FacelessBeard
    #12 - BFunk
    #13 - drummer5359
    #14 - Hipshack
    #15 - tbone0813
    #16 - gjohnson441496
    #17 - outlawtorn86
    #18 - Trundle
    #19 - Discount Saint
    #20 - Farrin D
    #21 - stonewall
    #22 - Edmang
    #23 - Lowness
    #24 - omie
    #25 - Magicrat
    #26 - BPhillips
    #27 - Parascience
    #28 - Drewwatson85
    #29 - P. Aaron
    #30 - CharlyG
    #31 - Sid the Kid
    #32 - bass40hz
    #33 - Quadzilla
    #34 - redramen
    #35 - Pierre Audy
    #36 - Joybass
    #37 - rogerbmiller
    #38 - BIGEJ2
    #39 - awilkie84
    #40 - BassJuju
    #41 - KRW
    #42 - Lindex
    #43 - Badmuthaplucka
    #44 - outoftune
    #45 - Rockonjp76
    #46 - xrz1616164
    #47 - bazzanderson
    #48 - Bobbysmores
    #49 - dnp41
    #50 - Ponsonby Britt
    #51 - Dr Bop
    #52 - 52hurtz
    #53 - wmachine
    #54 - clivem
    #55 - leamdav
    #56 - CMartin
    #57 - Marlboro Miles
    #58 - stephanz
    #59 - Robert Strickland
    #60 - ituobrey
    #61 - Skillet
    #62 - ppiluk
    #63 - Rebel Rocker
    #64 - happygilmour
    #65 - Lowcaster
    If I've missed anybody, please let me know.

@HeavyDuty is there some way I can make a sticky post that I can update longer than a week or whatever? The original post was editable for like 2 years, but now I'm having to post new rosters every couple of updates, which is annoying to say the least.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Hi, count me in too!

44278494715_1eea5eb247_c.jpg
    It is the Modern Player Dimension Bass.

I bought it new, exactly when they were released (around 2015), the store owner said he had not even got time to try it. It was my firs bass. I played a few in the store, Ibanez, Yamaha, Squiers, then I saw the price tag on this one (wich was not exactly a cheap price, close to the price of Fender MIM) and thought why not? He told me "it's a fender but it's made in China", I thought why not?, played it and bought it in a heartbeat.

It is massive in a good way, comfortable, the neck is very nice, well rounded, beautifull rosewood, good fretwork, good bridge, good pickup... Perfect.

The 5 way tone selector is practical for a beginner, I only get two usefull tones out of it, but they are good. Limited versatility is the only drawback.

Tjazz5 and Skillet like this.
  3. Discount Saint

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Done, you're #65.

Lowcaster likes this.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not that I’m aware of.

5. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Tjazz5 and Rebel Rocker like this.
  6. stonewall

stonewall

Jun 14, 2010
    ontario,Canada
    Resized_20180905_135841_106.jpg This is my 2013 Dimension American Deluxe 4H Labella Flat Wounds..Best Bass I've ever owned and played.I hate to admit this but I like even more than my Custom Shop 64 Closet Classic Jazz.Its a tone monster.I believe when this bass was discussed before it was built at the Fender round table that the Bosses said make sure we build this bass as perfect as humanly possible use quality everything including employees.I can not find one thing to complain about with this bass.Its a perfect bass.

7. Hello everyone. My name is Darren and my long time handle is Penphoe.

I recently picked up a bass. I've been playing music since I started piano at 4. A couple of years ago I started to learn guitar on my own and have a small GAS addiction.

Knowing music and understanding both the harmonic and rhythmic importance of the bass I started looking for one.

I came across this first generation MIM in 2003, released in 2004 Fender Dimension IV. It was sold to me "non working" with pickups that don't work. I replaced the battery for the preamp and the only other problem was a scratchy pan knob! A little contact cleaner and voila! She's back and thumping!

I literally got her for a steal - a lot less than what she's worth. Only damage to the body is a small chip on the back side of the upper horn.

Not bad for a 14 year old bass guitar.

Now for my bass:
    View attachment 3237637
    LaterZ!
    Darren!!

Tjazz5 and dabbler like this.
  8. Discount Saint

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    It's funny that this is what a Fender Dimension was originally. The Dimensions that most of us are talking about are something else entirely, but hey, family is family :D

javi_bassist and ppiluk like this.
  9. Yah, I know! When I was doing research prior to buying it, I found this thread. I soon came to realize that the Fender Dimension had two runs - one from the early to mid 2000s and the current builds. There's very little info on the 2004-2007 run. I did find its service diagram on Fender's website but that's about it.

Typical Squire basses where I live are around the $200ish mark. MIM Fender basses are $4-600, and MIA ones are $600+.

Being a complete noob to basses but not guitars, I knew I had a little potential gem on my hands. The unusual Fender headstock threw me off at first, but hey, if the asking price was half of a used Squire, how could I say no?

LaterZ!
    Darren!!

dabbler likes this.
  10. Discount Saint

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    You picked it up for $100? That seems like a pretty good deal :D

ppiluk and Penphoe like this.
  11. diverse379

diverse379

Mar 4, 2015
    I just got this American deluxe v
    I’ve been wanting one for years now
    But I had to round out the stable with a decent jazz and precision
    Now that I have them
    I could get this I wanted a decent v string
    That sounded good soloing and that to me is where this bass shines.
    Something about the midrange and highs it produces lends itself to killer appegio runs above the twelfth fret.

Well glad to be a part of the club

Attached Files:

12. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    Here ya go http://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/O...H 019290XXXX Service Manual REV A 1-15-16.pdf

Attached Files:

Tjazz5 and ppiluk like this.
  13. krimo

krimo

Oct 1, 2015
    Lakewood, Ca.
    Hello everyone,

Here's my 2014 Fender American Dimension IV Bass, purchased from a fellow TB'er in 2016.
    It's my favorite bass and always has been!

Can I get a number?

Thank you

14. krimo

krimo

Oct 1, 2015
    Lakewood, Ca.
    Here's my picture!

image1.jpeg

steeq, Tjazz5, LowEndJason and 3 others like this.
  15. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    20180214_185004.jpg Me too - i can upload the one bass later tonight if required. The Dimension was one of my first basses - i still think the neck is incredible - i did some fret touch ups (just because i was bored and super fussy) but other than that - always enjoy playing it :)

Tjazz5, Rebel Rocker, krimo and 3 others like this.
  16. 4stringref

4stringref

Sep 24, 2006
    Mine looks just like krimos' Dimension. Love to be part of the club. With so much hate for this bass model, it's great to see that others have embraced it. This is always my go to bass. 2018-12-29 15.55.15.jpg

steeq, Tjazz5, dabbler and 2 others like this.
  17. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    People
    Tend to dislike anything new that Fender does and hate the fact that Fender never does anything new.

I love my Starcaster and found out about the Dimensuon after they pulled the plug.

18. LowEndJason

LowEndJason

Dec 31, 2018
    If it's not too late, I'd like to join! Mine's a Squier. BEAD tuning and GHS Precision Flats. Super fun to play, and really comfortable. IMG_144718_1546663008616.jpg

Hank Scorpio, Tjazz5 and Skillet like this.