1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Dimension Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starmann, Mar 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Beauty. I don't really like playing 5 string, but I find myself wanting one just to have it to go with the 4 string. It's a shame these basses didn't take off more. I wish there were more of them out there and more people playing them.

2. Salmiak

Salmiak

Aug 14, 2018
    Sweden
    You may be late to the party but you sure make up for that by bringing some nice gifts . Lovely looking basses. I ”only” got blacks myself but I really enjoy these. They play and record well, my clients have been more than pleased with the sound. Me too!

Tjazz5 likes this.
  3. krimo

krimo

Oct 1, 2015
    Lakewood, Ca.
    Send a PM to Discount Saint for a number.

Iversen likes this.
  4. I don't know if anyone already posted something about this topic, anyway I experimented a lot today with the 5-way switch on my natural ash Am Dlx HH IV, and found that the in-between positions are really useful, way more better than standard ones!
    Here is a simple scheme of which coils are active when you put the switch between standard positions: i found the 3/4 position very similar to a Rickenbacker, while the 2/3 and the 4/5 positions are very similar to a Lakland style, check it out, it's total fun to try them all with different equalizations!
    It would be great to wire both pickups with a 9-way switch to have them easily available!

Attached Files:

Tjazz5 and filler83 like this.
  5. diverse379

diverse379

Mar 4, 2015
    Thanks for this read
    I have the same v deluxe
    I haven’t played it since I bought it but that’s a different story I do want and need to get comfortable with this bass

I remember in the store it was easy to play and did seem to do a good job getting close to the tones that I need

steeq likes this.
  6. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Updated roster:

Sorry if I've missed any requests - I've been a little busy, but please PM if you'd like a number.

#1 - starmann
    #2 - mapleglo
    #3 - Bassman Ski
    #4 - drlndrve
    #5 - Big Taters
    #6 - GroovingMike
    #7 - Soulpmpkin
    #8 - nance511
    #9 - Nick901
    #10 - javi_bassist
    #11 - FacelessBeard
    #12 - BFunk
    #13 - drummer5359
    #14 - Hipshack
    #15 - tbone0813
    #16 - gjohnson441496
    #17 - outlawtorn86
    #18 - Trundle
    #19 - Discount Saint
    #20 - Farrin D
    #21 - stonewall
    #22 - Edmang
    #23 - Lowness
    #24 - omie
    #25 - Magicrat
    #26 - BPhillips
    #27 - Parascience
    #28 - Drewwatson85
    #29 - P. Aaron
    #30 - CharlyG
    #31 - Sid the Kid
    #32 - bass40hz
    #33 - Quadzilla
    #34 - redramen
    #35 - Pierre Audy
    #36 - Joybass
    #37 - rogerbmiller
    #38 - BIGEJ2
    #39 - awilkie84
    #40 - BassJuju
    #41 - KRW
    #42 - Lindex
    #43 - Badmuthaplucka
    #44 - outoftune
    #45 - Rockonjp76
    #46 - xrz1616164
    #47 - bazzanderson
    #48 - Bobbysmores
    #49 - dnp41
    #50 - Ponsonby Britt
    #51 - Dr Bop
    #52 - 52hurtz
    #53 - wmachine
    #54 - clivem
    #55 - leamdav
    #56 - CMartin
    #57 - Marlboro Miles
    #58 - stephanz
    #59 - Robert Strickland
    #60 - ituobrey
    #61 - Skillet
    #62 - ppiluk
    #63 - Rebel Rocker
    #64 - happygilmour
    #65 - Lowcaster
    #66 - Penphone
    #67 - krimo
    #68 - 4stringref
    #69 - Tjazz5
    #70 - Iversen

7. Just picked up a 4 string squier dimension bass and I absolutely love it. It has such a low price I could not pass it up. I am really digging the preamp. Also the neck is great jazz bass profile.

Had a few questions:

Any suggestions for preamp settings? I have the mids centered and the bass and treble dimmed.

Do the Mexican and american ones come in a jazz neck?

Tjazz5 and Penphoe like this.
  8. There isn't any "real" answer to this question. Simply set the pre-amp knobs to where you are happy and pleased with the sound that comes out. There's a lot of "external" factors that affect the shape of the sound coming from your bass - from the amp and speaker being used, to even the size, shape and materials in the physical room.

Personally, my preamp knobs are all in the middle, and I play with the pickup balance knob. I prefer a more "p-bass" tone and have mine pushed towards it.

LaterZ!
    Darren!!

Tjazz5 and Salmiak like this.
  9. grayn

grayn

Mar 6, 2011
    Recently acquired an American Deluxe HH.
    COMPILATION.jpg
    Do I get a club number?

JettBlaq, eff-clef, djaxup and 5 others like this.
  10. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I have some very high end basses - and one identical to yours - i have GHS Pressurewounds on it and its my FAV thumper of all of them. Neck is fantastic too. Congrats

eff-clef likes this.
  11. My Deluxe Dimension IV I got a few years back. I absolutely love it.

(plus my Epiphone lol)

Attached Files:

12. Also, I want to get it recoloured. Does anyone know of a relatively cheap place to send it? (I am not skilled enough to do it myself)

13. any string recommendations for an American Deluxe 4HH? I really like the bass so far.
    Any idea what the exact EQ frequencies are for the preamp?

Zbysek likes this.
  14. Ken Smith Compressors (or very similar GHS Pressurewounds) really shines on my American Deluxe IV HH, really balanced, never too bright or dark

Zbysek and djaxup like this.
  15. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    I ordered an American Deluxe V that should be delivered on Friday. I want to get a black pickguard but when I go to WD Music their option for American Deluxe has a 5 way switch, which mine does not have. The only shape that looks like it is right is the Squier Deluxe. The ad states that it is a 1st run demo edition.. Is it possible they didn’t add the switch until later on? And as far as getting the pickguard, should I just buy the Squier or should I buy the American Deluxe and just leave a note to delete the slot for the switch?

Attached Files:

16. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    The single H did not have a switch. I would order the American Deluxe guard with a note to omit the switch.

Cool bass! I should have got a 5H when I had a chance.

BlueShox likes this.
  17. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    OK so I got my Dimension H V in yesterday and spent some time with it tonight, overall I've really enjoyed it. I have owned probably 11 or 12 different MIM Fenders in my life but this is the first American made instrument I've ever owned, Fender or otherwise. Some of the complaints I have heard about it is that some people don't like the shorter body because it shifts your picking hand closer to the bridge than other basses, but I honestly really like this because I tend to play closer to the bridge anyways and sometimes on bigger bodies (Precision) it feels like I am stretching too far to get to my sweet spot and on the Dimension it just feels right. It has the slightest bit of neck dive, like if 0 was none and 10 was a T-bird this thing has like a .5 dive.

I played through my Spectradrive with IEMs. The preamp is adequate but not extremely powerful, there is a decent amount of boost/cut. The tone of the bass is a little burpy for my taste when EQed flat, but I found that cutting some treble and adding bass and low mid got it more to my taste and it still shined through the mix with a very attractive grind. I've never owned a true Stingray but have owned a few SUB and Sterling models, this sounded very similar to me. I have long been converted to flats, and this is probably the first roundwound bass I have ever payed through IEMs. I found the bass to be lacking in low-mids, I'm not sure if that is a natural characteristic of the instrument or more of me just really preferring the sound of flats. I bought a set of Chromes to string it with weeks ago, but left them at work so I'll have to wait until next week to really test it. Also have a black pickguard on the way, that is my aesthetic.

My two for now, will probably stay like this for the foreseeable future.

j3i98JkrblScuskYNSC0S4ILDE5fqysEdzGLmIwbu3J__VjQFjaEm8NC5jeCKRvvmGZWog0G_G4eohztgvg=w834-h625-no.jpg

JettBlaq, djaxup, HeavyDuty and 3 others like this.
  18. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Hey all, sorry I haven't been terribly active as of late. Been sick, and have been favouring other basses, but oh well :D

Here's an update roster!

#1 - starmann
    #2 - mapleglo
    #3 - Bassman Ski
    #4 - drlndrve
    #5 - Big Taters
    #6 - GroovingMike
    #7 - Soulpmpkin
    #8 - nance511
    #9 - Nick901
    #10 - javi_bassist
    #11 - FacelessBeard
    #12 - BFunk
    #13 - drummer5359
    #14 - Hipshack
    #15 - tbone0813
    #16 - gjohnson441496
    #17 - outlawtorn86
    #18 - Trundle
    #19 - Discount Saint
    #20 - Farrin D
    #21 - stonewall
    #22 - Edmang
    #23 - Lowness
    #24 - omie
    #25 - Magicrat
    #26 - BPhillips
    #27 - Parascience
    #28 - Drewwatson85
    #29 - P. Aaron
    #30 - CharlyG
    #31 - Sid the Kid
    #32 - bass40hz
    #33 - Quadzilla
    #34 - redramen
    #35 - Pierre Audy
    #36 - Joybass
    #37 - rogerbmiller
    #38 - BIGEJ2
    #39 - awilkie84
    #40 - BassJuju
    #41 - KRW
    #42 - Lindex
    #43 - Badmuthaplucka
    #44 - outoftune
    #45 - Rockonjp76
    #46 - xrz1616164
    #47 - bazzanderson
    #48 - Bobbysmores
    #49 - dnp41
    #50 - Ponsonby Britt
    #51 - Dr Bop
    #52 - 52hurtz
    #53 - wmachine
    #54 - clivem
    #55 - leamdav
    #56 - CMartin
    #57 - Marlboro Miles
    #58 - stephanz
    #59 - Robert Strickland
    #60 - ituobrey
    #61 - Skillet
    #62 - ppiluk
    #63 - Rebel Rocker
    #64 - happygilmour
    #65 - Lowcaster
    #66 - Penphone
    #67 - krimo
    #68 - 4stringref
    #69 - Tjazz5
    #70 - Iversen
    #71 - James Pfeiffer

ituobrey and Penphoe like this.
  19. Here is my Beauty! 2013 Dimension IV redsunburstbass.JPG

20. love it! Is that the mex one? I'm looking for that exact bass :)