1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Dimension Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starmann, Mar 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Yes, I got a killer deal on it...$399! Of the basses I own, it's the highest price I've paid. I usually buy used and get amazing deals. My Deluxe Jazz (MIM) I paid $300, the 70's Jazz (MIM) $250, the Precision (MIJ) $200 and my most recent Squier Mustang Bass was a Christmas/Birthday gift from my Kids! Hardshell cases for all of them.

djaxup likes this.
  2. Can I get a number, please?

3. Lownotes75

Lownotes75

Aug 19, 2013
    Australia
    Someone suggested pages back that it would be good to get some more information from Fender about the history of the Dimension. The development of the bass, who did what and when, prototypes etc would be brilliant. I would really like numbers manufactured and what models were offered.

for our part, I have a 2013 American Deluxe 5HH in violin burst. the serial number is 13114598. what does else have serial number wise?

I purchased mine new in Australia. I dont think very many made it here for retail purposes.

I would love to get my hands on an American Standard in that blue/purple colour with a maple neck. But I suspect not many were made. lets try and do something useful with this club and catalogue the history of the instrument.

djaxup, Penphoe and HeavyDuty like this.
  4. krimo likes this.
  5. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Southwestern, PA
    I recently acquired a Fender American Standard Dimension V and after a quick setup and new strings it sounds fantastic. Not sure I am a fan of the passive preamp, I feel these pickups could use a 4-Band active preamp to try and filter out some of the high mid overtones these pickups put out.....I am sure this is more of a personal preference for most of the basses I own and not necessarily a fault with these pickups. They definitely have a unique sound to them.

But on another note, I would like to add a DPDT 3-way switch (probably could get away with a two way switch, but I have them already) for each pickup to switch between single coil and humbucking (coil tapping?) for each pickup, but with the 3-wire connection (combined ground), I am not sure how to wire this.....Has anyone done this or seen a link on how to do this without a common ground? (I'm probably overthinking this)

I appreciate it....Thanks!

IMG_20200325_122244.jpg

6. can help with the switch, but, nice bass! And yes they have their own characteristic sound. Already played it in a band setting? It sits in the mix just magical.

eff-clef and xbud like this.
  7. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Southwestern, PA
    Not yet, with the virus issue tight now, there will not be any practices for while.....practice space is small and we are not able to "social distance" while bumping in to each other

djaxup likes this.
  8. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Hey all, another roster update for ya'll. Let me know via PM if I've missed anybody.

#1 - starmann
    #2 - mapleglo
    #3 - Bassman Ski
    #4 - drlndrve
    #5 - Big Taters
    #6 - GroovingMike
    #7 - Soulpmpkin
    #8 - nance511
    #9 - Nick901
    #10 - javi_bassist
    #11 - FacelessBeard
    #12 - BFunk
    #13 - drummer5359
    #14 - Hipshack
    #15 - tbone0813
    #16 - gjohnson441496
    #17 - outlawtorn86
    #18 - Trundle
    #19 - Discount Saint
    #20 - Farrin D
    #21 - stonewall
    #22 - Edmang
    #23 - Lowness
    #24 - omie
    #25 - Magicrat
    #26 - BPhillips
    #27 - Parascience
    #28 - Drewwatson85
    #29 - P. Aaron
    #30 - CharlyG
    #31 - Sid the Kid
    #32 - bass40hz
    #33 - Quadzilla
    #34 - redramen
    #35 - Pierre Audy
    #36 - Joybass
    #37 - rogerbmiller
    #38 - BIGEJ2
    #39 - awilkie84
    #40 - BassJuju
    #41 - KRW
    #42 - Lindex
    #43 - Badmuthaplucka
    #44 - outoftune
    #45 - Rockonjp76
    #46 - xrz1616164
    #47 - bazzanderson
    #48 - Bobbysmores
    #49 - dnp41
    #50 - Ponsonby Britt
    #51 - Dr Bop
    #52 - 52hurtz
    #53 - wmachine
    #54 - clivem
    #55 - leamdav
    #56 - CMartin
    #57 - Marlboro Miles
    #58 - stephanz
    #59 - Robert Strickland
    #60 - ituobrey
    #61 - Skillet
    #62 - ppiluk
    #63 - Rebel Rocker
    #64 - happygilmour
    #65 - Lowcaster
    #66 - Penphone
    #67 - krimo
    #68 - 4stringref
    #69 - Tjazz5
    #70 - Iversen
    #71 - James Pfeiffer
    #72 - JettBlaq
    #73 - MOFuB

javi_bassist likes this.
  9. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Hey there - I've given you #72. Cheers!

10. Maybe a bit late, anyway here I am with my American DLX Dimension Bass Usa HH IV in natural ash, I'm still in love after more than a year!
    Can I have a #? IMG_20200327_132540.jpg

11. leamdav

leamdav Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Bettendorf, IA
    Nice! Did you replace the knobs? they look great on that.

krimo likes this.
  12. Yes, I replaced the Precision style knobs with four Jazz style black ones, I think they suits better!

HeavyDuty likes this.
  13. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Had a HH, sold awhile back and now have the H. Swapped out the bridge (to address a known issue) and set up. Plays exceptionally well. At first I was iffy about the pickguard, but the off white looks very elegant IMHO against black. Tuxedo anyone?

Attached Files:

HeavyDuty, djaxup and xbud like this.
  14. very fine bass!

15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nice bass! What was your bridge issue?

16. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
  17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hmmm. I haven’t had any issues with my pair of AmDlx 5Hs, but I’m not super critical about setup since I prefer heavy gauge high tension strings.

Doug Parent likes this.
  18. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Southwestern, PA
    I had the same issue with Am STD V, adding a shim to the neck and grinding a few saddles solved the issue for me. Action is as good as any of my other basses now.

HeavyDuty likes this.
  19. Hi guys!

I have a Fender Dimension Modern Player. I've been thinking lately about changing the pickup for a more classic musicman style. However, I don't to make the pickup hole any bigger. Do you know a pickup that would fit? It's about 90 x 40 mm (3.54"x1,57")

s-l640.jpg

20. eff-clef

eff-clef Supporting Member

May 6, 2007
    Baltimore,Md.
    What kind of bridge is the new one?