Fender Dimension Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amper, Jan 10, 2017.

1. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    I'm a little late to the party, but I just went to the Fender website to look at American Deluxe Jazz Basses with the smaller body style, only to discover that they are longer available, and it seems that their spiritual successor is the "new" (now apparently three years old) Dimension Bass.

The Dimension looks to me like the old US Plus series or American Deluxe series smaller Jazz Bass body style (perhaps slightly changed around the horns?), with two humbucking pickups and a PRS-style pickup selector [bridge, inners, all, outers, neck], and an 18 V active preamp. Do I have that right?

I have never liked the traditional Jazz Bass body style. I find it ugly, heavy, and unwieldy. But, my first bass was a 1992 Jazz Bass Plus V, Fender's first true 5-string bass and the model that introduced the smaller body style that I love. It looks to me like if I ever want a new Fender bass, the Dimension is the descendent of my old Plus.

2. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I picked up AmDlx dimension V for a good deal when they were discontinued. You prettt much nailed the description. It is a really great sounding and feeling bass. The bridge pup is especially awesome sounding. Reminds me of an old stingray that was stolen years ago. I bought it as a back up to my Sadowsky, so it doesn't get a ton of stage time, but I do enjoy playing it at home and some recording.

amper likes this.
  3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    They were discontinued? They are listed on the Fender site, right now, in several different models?

4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    the fender modern player dimension was discontinued less than a year after they launched. the standard, deluxe and american standard versions still seem to be for sale everywhere and are still listed on fender All Dimension Basses | Fender Electric Basses

5. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
    The American Deluxe Dimension Bass IV was discontinued and replaced by the American Deluxe Elite Dimension Bass IV. They also discontinued the American Standard Dimension Bass IV.

amper likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022