Fender Dimension Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Adam York, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends

14.3%
  1. Adam York

Adam York

Nov 24, 2017
    Kansas City, MO
    So I've been messing around with a Fender Dimension Bass at a local music store and really like it. Only thing is, I've never really heard of these basses or seen them in action. So before I go purchasing something I know nothing about, anybody know the story behind these basses or have any opinions on their quality? How much would you pay for one of these? Thanks!

2. There's a Fender Dimension bass group somewhere in these forums. I really like the Dimension, but I've moved towards passive basses only and since mine was an active bass, and single humbucker, I sold it. Looking to find an American Standard Dimension V HH, but they are no longer produced.

Pinball likes this.
  3. Adam York

Adam York

Nov 24, 2017
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks!

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I really liked the one i test drove at a GC when they just came out. The only turn off for me is the 5(?) way tone switch ... I only found one of those choices to be usable for me. Pretty nice bass overall, 'specially for the price.

5. Marlboro Miles

Marlboro Miles

Mar 15, 2018
    I've been playing an American Standard HH (Passive) and a Squier single H (active) for about a year now. The passive HH is killer for just about anything and the Active Squier is pretty good for dropping to A (modified nut, big strings, AEAD) for metal. The Indonesian model has a thinner neck so I can't well use it as a thumb rest as I do the American without muting my low string and that is my only major gripe. Don't even consider the Mexi build as it's trash for at least a dozen reasons.

6. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Could you share maybe half of the dozen reasons?

7. Marlboro Miles

Marlboro Miles

Mar 15, 2018
    The neck is too thin, there is no body cutaway at the neck joint for easier access to the upper frets, the pickup in each one I have played has been trash quality tone (I've played 4-5), cheap mexican pots, cheap mexican everything else, just a garbage instrument. Unlike the Indos and Americans the intonation was off on each one I played out of the box.

8. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    Never had an issue with the Mexican Dimension basses. I love em almost as much as I love my Elite Dimension

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022