Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Dimension Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PilbaraBass, Jan 4, 2005.

1. OK...I'm curious. Who's played them? What are your opinions? What do these puppies cost?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Never played one, but at the local Guitar Center, I saw one fot $750 I think.

3. FunkTownBrother

FunkTownBrother

Jan 3, 2005
    I rented one for a couple of weeks.
    It sound ok. Not too sure however about the noiseless pick up as the one I played was buzzing a bit.
    The neck has a P-Bass feeling (2.008 width at nut) - thicker then any jazz basses (the Marcus Miller V has 1.875 wan) or Ibanez.

Over all I liked it.
    Planning in buying one myself but now I also considering a Yamaha BB605. Do you have any comments on the BB series?

Cheers,
    FunkTownBrotherhttp://www.talkbass.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1833301#
    bassist

4. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    The BB series of Yamaha basses are very good IMO. I play a BB604 as my main bass and have not complained yet. The EQ is very powerful and the mid sweep is a hand feature and can certainly get more growl out of the bridge pickup. Unfortunatly i cant comment on the B string for the 5's.

Overall, another quality instrument from Yamaha.

Matt

5. krazy_olie

krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    I wonder how many of these Fender are selling, can't find any reviews and noone on here seems to own 1, looks like a good allrounder which won't sound too modern, thinking ibanez, must try 1 out indeed