Fender dimension ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stoggin, Sep 14, 2019.

1. stoggin

stoggin

Oct 16, 2018
    so I’ve recently joined a new band, a three piece and have been cycling through my basses to see which fits the vibe best - fender precision midnight, squier p bass with upgraded badass bridge, 57 reissue pick ups, and my third, the duff mckagan jazz bass special. When it came to the latter I couple get anything to work. It sounded dead. The others were great so I thought I’d get another p bass. Somehow I ended up trying out a dimension single humbucker that reminded me of my old G&L L1000. Sounds really strong through my ampeg 15 inch practice amp. Total surprise. Anyone else had a great experience with one of these?

Pinball likes this.
  2. lowoctaves

lowoctaves

Aug 14, 2019
    I have the same bass, but it does not sound as strong through my practice amp, Ampeg 12 inch. I really like the feel of this bass as well as how it looks. I am considering a different pre-amp, but I am not sure if that would give me the boost I need. I am not sure about a pickup swap as well. This pickup is oddly shaped.

3. Dreamcaster™

Dreamcaster™

Nov 22, 2008
    London, UK
    Hello,
    on the market looking for the 5 string version atm.
    Does anybody know how the Made in Mexico and the Made in USA versions compare?
    I am talking about the Elite Dimension

4. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    I played, and really liked the Squier version! You never know.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022