1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender DLX series Precision Special Bass Neck-Jazz Width-Maple-Needs Truss Nut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Price:
    This is a early 2000s Fender Deluxe Series Precision Special Neck. The majority of these are Mexican made, I have had a few. This one is Korean made. Despite it being labeled precision , this is the special model with the Jazz width (1.5 inch). The neck has a stripped truss rod nut. Someone used the wrong sized allen key and stripped the truss rod nut pretty bad, I have tried to photograph this but its not the easiest to get a photo of. The neck despite this is very straight but has a slight backbow has its not been able to be adjusted in awhile. The frets are clean, the finish on the neck has dings and scuffs. It was played and shows finish wear through from being played a lot. The truss rod nut is really only about half a inch long or so and threads into the rod, the stripped truss nut needs to be threaded with something to be removed, a new one installed and then it should adjust fine. I bought this neck intending to do such things and use it with a warmoth body i bought here for a project, but I came upon a nice P bass neck locally and prefer the bigger necks personally.

this is what is needed replacement nut wise
    Genuine Fender MIM Guitar/Bass 3/16" Hex Truss Rod Nut (Allen) - Package of 2

$99 Shipped CONUS

IMG_4604.JPG

00k0k_jryFlqwLfyz_1200x900.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. IMG_4605.JPG IMG_4606.JPG IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4608.JPG IMG_4609.JPG IMG_4610.JPG IMG_4611.JPG IMG_4612.JPG IMG_4613.JPG IMG_4614.JPG

3. Rikster

Rikster

Mar 10, 2017
    McHenry, IL
    PMd