Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Double Bass Gig Bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marwady, Sep 9, 2005.

1. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    Hello all,

FYI,

Just got a couple of Fender Double Bass Gig Bags and I have to say I am impressed. At $45 each (Zounds, free shipping), I think they are a great value. Very nice construction and detail.

They have fairly nice padding and extra panels for bridge and headstock.

Are they ready for all out gigging and abuse from people other than you? Probably not.

I do a lot of local studio gigs where I am always taking at least 2 instruments or more and loading them in my back seat. Individual bags start to become unwieldy at times and these will work great for that kind of thing.

I put both my Ric 4003 and Ripper in one bag, no problem.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, same bag I use. Love it.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    this may be good for comuters who use mass transit or have a very tiny car.

it may be an investment i'd like to look into, but i dont think they would hold up to the heavy abuse we put our gear through.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Think about it, if you're playing a gig, your basses will NEVER be far from your side, even closer if they're hanging on your back.

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It was on my list when searching for an affordable double bass gig bag, but on neither Fender's nor any e-tailer site could I find the dimensions, or more specifically if it could carry a 35"-scale bass. Several e-mails asking about it either went unanswered or misanswered ("The gig bag fits standard bass guitars" - a direct quote)

I went with Gator because of that, and have absolutely no complaints. I'm sure that the quality would be about the same, but in this case customer service won out. :rollno:

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    So does this mean that the regular Fender Deluxe bags are decent?

7. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    Not bad,

I have 2, 1 in tweed, 1 in black.

Light to medium duty and nice detailing.