1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Downtown Express

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Jan 19, 2019.

1. I searched and didn't find a post about this....so if I missed it please delete:

50512658_10218042534844115_5984935630172323840_n.?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.
    anybody heard anything about this? Is the drive the same as the one in the rumble amp?

My gui**** player just bought one of the pedals in the new Fender line and it's actually a really nice delay...

thoughts?!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    WilbursaurusRex, ppiluk and Correlli like this.
  2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Bass multi effects unit from Fender. Interesting. Thanks.

MCF, BrentSimons and ppiluk like this.
  3. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Looks interesting.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Wow, such limited controls for each of the "effects".
    Seems...basic.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. I am looking forward to this!

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. Neat but I wish they would have included a blend for the overdrive and a tuner. Nitpicking I know. I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews.
    Best wishes,
    Brent

ppiluk likes this.
  7. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    It looks really well thought out. It seems to have a decent amount of features that the average bass player could use, and hardly any extra frills that the average bass player does not use. Fender has been on the ball lately with their new pedals in the past year or so.

Guiseppe, BrentSimons and gregmon79 like this.
  8. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    Also, I see 3 jacks at the top. Input, output, and maybe a tuner out connected to the mute function ?

And if this is like their guitar pedals, like it seems to be, it should have switchable light-up knobs too.

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    IME most, and most I'VE tried, tube pedals don't need blends and sound great with bass as is. Could be wrong here. But that's just my exp.

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I agree. I played that Pugilist one a few months back and it was actually really cool. I may have even used it if I wasn't so happy with my existing dirt selections. They aren't really inventing anything other than stylistically but I had it to them for trying to put more original circuits out there in these times. Because a lot of them are pretty unique. The few I've tried and heard anyway.

BrentSimons and ric4682 like this.
  11. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I’ve been curious about the Fender pedals coming out since last year or so, but haven’t found much to read or watch regarding them with respect to bass.

I’d be interested in a good OD/comp ME pedal, but it’d have to be *real* good for me to spend $344 USD on one, seeing as I’m already covered with a good comp and a great OD.

How’s the Pugilist with regards to low end frequencies?

BrentSimons likes this.
  12. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I didn’t get the impression that this was a tube OD. Is it?

BrentSimons likes this.
  13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It says there's a valve in it.

"This pedal, we understand, was co-developed by Bruce Egnater and is not an emulation, but a 6205 preamp with NOS tube stuck. There is also a 3-band EQ with additional Tight controls. Level and Gain are global. Another footswitchable boost has its own level and boost controls. It works only via a 9V power supply because of the valve."

I think they meant STOCK, not stuck.

Nunovsky, BrentSimons and BillMason like this.
  14. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh, sorry - I thought you were talking about the Downtown Express. That's the description for the
    MTG Tube Distortion.

BrentSimons and gregmon79 like this.
  15. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    That’s an interesting development. The overdrive circuit in the rumbles was pretty good I thought. I’m interested to hear what this overdrive sounds like.

hintz and BrentSimons like this.
  16. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I liked the way the OD sounded in the newer Rumble's too. Very natural organic sounding.

hintz and BrentSimons like this.
  17. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    Would have liked to have seen a DI Pedal based on the EQ circuit of the Bassman.

BrentSimons and gregmon79 like this.
  18. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I suspect that's what the Downtown Express is, more or less.

BrentSimons likes this.