FENDER DTR-1000 Chromatic Rack TUner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Oct 4, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    Anyone have any experience with this item. Its the cheapest rack tuner on the market right under sabine. Is it worth the $$$???????????

like to know soon, got a show this weekend and i need to roder by wednesday
  2. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    No fender makes a chromatic rack tuner DT-1000 or DR-1000...i think its dt im too lazy to get it right.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    product doesnt hit shelves til the 29th of this month. so no use asking for review
  5. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Yup, just found it as well.....RT-1000
  6. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    ...hmmm counting the days
  7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Why? Why is this unit any better than Korg's rack tuners?
  8. It's not out yet. How does anybody know if it's better or not...and how does one determine if a tuner is better than another? I'm sure it will tell you if your open A is a few cents above or below an A, like every other tuner. Maybe if you're flat and you tune the wrong way there's a little boxing glove that pops out and punches you in the dingding. I'd buy that tuner and give it to my guitar player.

I vote tuner threads be put in Miscellaneous like wireless threads.

At least the Korg allows you to use the 'strobe' setting which makes your rack look like a Cylon from old Battlestar Galactica. That's what I look for in a rack tuner. I put it under my Furman with lights, take the light post caps off, put in red lights and now my rack looks like a scary monster.
  9. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    if it's accuracy you're after - Peterson

then there's everything else...
  10. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    ordered one today, i will post a good review for those interested.
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds good to me. Moved.
  12. You mean my single vote actually counts?! :crying: I'm proud to be a member of a democracy!

/off to vote for something almost as important tomorrow.
  13. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    got in the fender tuner today. let just say we didnt start out eye to eye. i opened the box (fed ex shipped), and i noticed one of the rack ears was bent back at a 45 degree angle. the other was straight. called the company, said to send it back and they'd help me out. but other than that catastrophy, i plugged it in, and i have to say...its jazzy...not too many confusing buttons (only 2) but just accurate and about $60 cheaper than a korg dtr-1000.