1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Fender Dusty Hill Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lpcarter, Jan 16, 2020.

1. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here’s a rare bird! I played one years and years ago and couldn’t get my mind off it until I bought this baddie last year. It rules. Specs below - some plagiarized from a recent sale thread :bassist: may my college professors forgive me.

No low ball offers - I don’t need the money. Just moving 2 basses I don’t play as much.

ONLY trades: Fender Sean Hurley in charcoal metallic frost or maybe a pino. Nothing else. Seriously.

• Super resonant, easy to play, low action! And weighs a cool 8.58 lbs
    • I love the neck. Jazz width, with what feels like a little extra depth/heft. Super super comfy!
      Quarter-sawn maple with 1.5" nut and 9.5" radius.
    • Amazing tones from custom-wound Seymour Duncan pickup.
      (goes from thump to grind with a turn of the tone control).
    • Rear-routed control cavity for a clean, no-pickguard look.
    • To each his own, but in my experience, the reverse headstock is both aesthetic and also maximizes tension at E string which to my ear leads to deeper/tighter lows and sweeter, less brittle highs.
    • Relic job looks amazing but please note! I’ve played this out and there’s some extra wear on the back. I think the pictures should help you discern the spots - there’s a big relic wear spot, then below it the new wear. Nothing new anywhere else on the bass.

• I’ve also added a relic’d pickup cover, and also had a guy make a wood thumbrest for this bass. Pictures with both looks! I love the cover. Fits the vibe well!

• Comes with OHSC and all case candy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    mindwell, ErikP.Bass, jsxtal and 14 others like this.
  2. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Oh man, perfection!!!

Amazing

lpcarter likes this.
  3. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Aaaagh The Holy Grail!

Arch58, pacojas and lpcarter like this.
  4. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    I should mention that this will come with both rounds (D'Addario NYXLs, currently on the bass) and chromes! The Chromes were fantastic, and sat on the bass for only about a month. I thought the bass demanded rock, so the rounds went on next.

5. tleebassist11

tleebassist11 Taylor Lee

Dec 21, 2011
    NC
    Endorsing: Fodera, DR Strings
    Sick bass man!

lpcarter likes this.
  6. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Black beauty! Whoever picks this up will be a happy camper. Here’s mine in blonde.

3AFC7F34-8B74-4DFC-BCD7-FDF9F1F3B412.jpeg