1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Elite Jazz Bass 4 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by faulknersj, Nov 23, 2018.

1. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Price:
    $1699
    Strings:
    I played 20+ of these before pulling the trigger on this one. It is the best sounding, best playing example of a Fender Elite Jazz I could imagine. It kills in passive or active mode and can get vintage or modern Jazz bass tones. The neck is incredible, action is very low she plays like butter. Harmonics jump off the fretboard and every note rings true, and with equal heft. It sits in the mix just right; cuts thru the mix like a knife with both pups, killer jaco bark on the bridge pup, or fat warm P sounds when favoring the neck pup. 9.1 lbs on bathroom scale. She is in 9.6 out of 10...just some swirls on the pickguard and upper horn. My P’s, PJ’s, and Vintage J Basses are getting all the love right now and I prefer 20 fret necks.

If you want one of the finest Elite J’s out there...this is the one...

I’ll split shipping in CONUS, International buyers pay shipping.

Below is a live audio clip taken from my iphone in 'Voice Notes' at a recent local jam. This was in passive mode with pickup blend even and tone knob just slightly rolled off. I was playing up closer to the neck with my right hand and has you can see, this technique really brings the fattness with this bass!

DF46E755-26BE-4AE7-B1C5-90825EB33545. 317556FF-CC39-4B5A-95D1-515A20FD88FC.
    A91A2388-65FD-4DDC-B581-D8189CF9DD88. E780B163-4574-4ECD-9F92-1B41A6ECE301.
    E21F817F-9A86-4964-B590-D2347D9F33A7.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    B-Lo, Gorn, StayLow and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That's fantastic sunburst. I love how the black outline is thin and consistent all the way around the burst.

faulknersj likes this.
  3. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Yes! Agreed! It looks great...but the way it plays, feels, and sounds is the true strength of this bass!

Gorn likes this.
  4. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    Got one of these... Will never part with it. :)

5. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Made the mistake of playing this at a gig the other night...I’m on the fence but still available for now...