1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Factory now giving guitar lessons via app to boost sales.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stewie26, Apr 1, 2018.

1. I was watching the TV news yesterday and they had a story about Fender guitars developed an app for guitar lessons. They mentioned that the younger generations are not as interested in learning to play as previous generations which has led to declining sales. The app is an attempt to attract more users to learn to play. Not sure how successful it will be in boosting sales.

https://try.fender.com/play/easy-gu...bRBJfb2bxSpiJYUdL41nH3t-ixdHT4GgaAvMZEALw_wcB

2. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    I like the idea. If the app is any good it could encourage beginners. Apparently Fender has a version coming for bass too. The App Store user reviews are mostly good, and Fender is directly responding to critical reviews and suggestions.

jmattbassplaya likes this.
  3. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    The Fender site also has a pretty decent tuner app and they took over RiffStation...a site that basically gives you play-along chords to a youtube video.
    Handy to get someone started quickly.

S-Bigbottom and OldDog52 like this.
  4. Darn it. :mad:
    You sent me there and now it is two hours later. :thumbsup:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021