1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Factory Style Bridge Suggestions (Black)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by r_bnks, Jul 14, 2017.

1. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

Hi,

I'm looking for black finished Fender factory styled bridge. Is there any manufacturer/brand who sell them with durable black finish? I don't really the paint to worn out early or corrode.

Thanks!

2. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Gotoh ,Wilkinson, Omega(BADASS), Hipshot Vintage

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  4. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

NigelD likes this.
  6. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Now, I see you don't happen to live in Europe, but Thomann sell those under their brand Harley Benton, pretty cheap too, to what equals just about 12$:
    8852535_800.jpg
    I installed one in my Ibanez Mikro instead of the stock one.

Can't say the black finish is too durable though, seems to be a pretty thin layer, at least dragging the saddle screws back and forth across the base plate when intonating will expose fine thin lines of the underlying brass color.

Other than that the bridge itself seems to be great and sturdy quality, also as I said made of brass.

Seems a better bridge than the stock Ibanez one, which I believe was chrome plated aluminum.

You should be able to find bridges in a similar style and price class on Ebay, if you are interested.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  7. Lee Kirkham

Lee Kirkham

Jan 14, 2013
    Mesa, AZ
    Go here...near the bottom of the page you can get an actual Fender bridge in black for about $15.

nickireckless likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021