Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender family pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Caca de Kick, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Decided to take a pic of them today....

2. Cool, P basses are kickin.

i have 4 Pbasses myself...and will be after a '77 soon to make it 5.
    :)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm personally after a natural/maple '77 and a sunburst/rosewood '78. Very nice basses!

4. Im not too fussy bout the finnish myself...all im really after is a maple fretboard. I just dig maple. :)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, the first Fender I ever liked was a '77 Precision with a natural finish and maple board and I fell in love. Came back in a couple weeks with $700 ready to buy but it sold the day before. So I came home with my Stingray instead, still very pleased.

But I want to recreate that P-bass I fell in love with, and I want a sunburst with rosewood because I'd like to have both of those sexy basses, and might as well get two different finishes. Maybe an Oly White for the '78.

If you're wondering, these basses will never see the stage, maybe if I can find some beaters with original electronics I'll refin them for the stage.

6. I wouldnt use a '77 on stage myself either. It would be played in the comforts of my home.

I want a '77 cause its the same year i was born...id get quite the kick outta owning a bass the same age as me. :D

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have never seen a p-bass with gold hardware. Very nice though! I really like that Jazz aswell.

Nice family man!

8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    That P-Bass is an '82 Precision Special. Specials came factory with gold hardware and Fenders first shot at active electronics (hence the 3rd knob).
    I added the gold ashtrays and changed to a tortise pickguard.

Here's what it looked like when I got it from my uncle (original owner).