Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Fiend

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by belair57, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Ok. I've been on the hunt for my second bass. Actually my first bass considering how crappy the one I learned on is.
    Anyway I found a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass at Mars.
    I'm not crazy about Fender's but I know a deal when I see one. They have two Identical(they even have a scrath on the back in the same place) Jazz basses. One on sale for $750 and the other one is marked as a MIM Active Jazz bass for $500. I haven't talked to any sales people yet, so as no to cause a problem but one day soon I'm gonna go buy it and when they find out about the mistake I'll demand they give it to me for $500. HaHaHaHa And yes, I made absolutely sure that it Was a MIA Deluxe Jazz Bass.
    But I still want my Warwick. WaaaaWaaaWaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaWaaaaa
    [​IMG]
    just can't decide which one. Well, I've got plenty of time to think about that now.
    [​IMG]

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    For a real deal on a Fender, check the TalkBass classifieds. One TalkBassist (G, to be precise) is selling a Roscoe Beck model for $750!

Will C.:cool:

3. Yes, the Roscoe Beck is a much better buy then the MIA deluxe jazz, I hate the fender pre-amps, the active ones dont sound decent to me at all. The RB5 looks like a much higher quality instrument, if they made one in a 4, I would see no reason not to get it, except, of course, I am poor