Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender FINALLY answers my prayers.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Way hot.

I still want the baritone guitar version. Having both would be even better.

2. Dude, it's like 860 bucks. Damn. MUST. FUND. PURCHASE.

3. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    That is a rather wierd but cool lookin bass!! :D

4. Active Schmactive...look at the tone controls on THAT! :D

5. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    As far as I know, the Jaguar bass is active. My Japanese reading skills aren't the best, but the text on that site, too, mentions an active/passive switch.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Do mind that it's a Fender JAPAN creation.. you might have to order one directly from them instead of expecting the US dealers picking them up :)

Ishibashi has music store that ships worldwide that we Europeans usually use in our hunt for Fender Japan instruments.

7. If it's a true Jaguar (guitar style) switching, it's as passive as it's gonna get.

8. Absolutely. heed that going in folks.

9. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Nup, the roller pots are bass and treble I think. There is an active/passive switch and series/parallel.

10. well I'll definitely keep mine passive then. Thanks for the clarification. That bass in black will be really great.

11. I really like the look of the Jaguar, and would probably have considered ordering one had they not been long scale basses.

12. would you have preferred it be a 30" scale? I thought it woulda been nice as a 32" scale.... but still, neat bass. My friend Billy Claire has made a couple Jag basses (not as electronically complex) from Warmoth bodies and vintage musicmaster necks. They play incredible. I like short scale basses.

13. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Funny, i just saw a guy last week playing something similar; it was some thrift store no-name though. It had the jag body shape, but (i think) just a single p-pup - not all the switches and stuff.

Very cool - may have to look into one myself - thanks!

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    OH GOD! It's a dream come true!

15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Interesting but not "my thing".

16. JohnBarr

JohnBarr

Mar 19, 2004
    Central NY
    Anyone know of any recent recordings with one?

The only recordings I have using a previous generation Jag are some obscure disks by Norwegin guitar man Terje Rypdal.

John

17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

What do all the other switches and knobs do?

18. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    ever think it might be a fake, becasue I can't find it on fender.jp (fender japan site). That is huge over there, fake name brand instruments. It is a real bass, just not a real fender, I wonder if fender would confirm this as one of their production models.

19. JohnBarr, it's a brand new model, I gather.

Jazzin, I can't really confirm the knob switch layout, but imagine it's loosely based on the Jaguar guitar's controls. And from what we're told here, it has an active passive switch.

from babelfish:
    "The jaguar base of the new face whom it makes on the basis of the jaguar, エイジドパール block position specification, has the lux of original style. The vintage with atmosphere while, with the wide tone range where active/it is by the passive switch, furthermore you set also the pickup series switch where you can obtain the series connection and generally known ham backing sound of the neck pickup and the bridge pickup, many functions are proud of the sound variation. Only the RED color is matching head specification."

Mmmm, I love that ham-backing sound.