1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Finish afficianados please help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kirk Bryant, Nov 14, 2010.

1. I have a Fender P-Bass body being painted by a friend and due to to the info I had on the body it was... Supposedly a late 50's body.
    My buddy ( re finisher) says due to the nail holes used in the body the Fender finish shop it is a 60's body.
    What can you gurus tell me about the nail usage and dating without actually seeing it.
    There are no more identifying marks thou I know this bass body was on the wall of a local Tavern for about 30 yrs before my friend acquired it about 10 yrs ago as they were tearing the joint down and throwing this Bass body in the Dumpster!!!!! .
    It is an extremely light Alder body. I am doin it in Shell Pink with White Pearl pick guard, Gold Hardware......pimped out !!

Seymore D hot PU with an Audere Preamp

hit me !!

peace Kirk

OH... PS: I really need an old school Fender Pre Bass Decal....got one ...hit me !!

2. Having nail holes just places the body anywhere in the pre-CBS era. As for the placement of them, without seeing it, really kind of tough to tell. As long as they're under the pickguard and clean (no paint in them), should be legit.

3. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX