Fender Flea Road Worn Jazz Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starjag, Jan 15, 2020.

1. i like tictacs

i like tictacs

Feb 2, 2004
    Just took an hour to sit down and set this thing up properly. It is probably the best playing Fender bass I have ever played, which are admittedly mostly limited to Guitar Center stuff. Wow! Can't put it down. I bought it sight unseen because of the rave reviews and because, let's be honest, it looks f-ing amazing. Out of the box it had the classic fender banana neck and coke can strings - which was expected. After a truss rod spin and some intonation fixes... the tone from this thing is simply sublime and the neck is sooo fast. Glad to own it - great value for money. A nice change of pace from my past basses (Warwick and Modulus) and a fun foray into my first ever Fender.

2. starjag

starjag Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Congrats! It is a lovely instrument indeed.

lowdownthump likes this.
  3. EmaTheMirror

EmaTheMirror

Oct 9, 2009
    London, UK
    I've always liked that bass, also in person when I had a quick play in a store. The "warmer" side of JBs, imo.

Never really cared that much for the 2nd signature with the humbucker. Does it get much attention, actually?

lowdownthump likes this.
  4. starjag

Dec 3, 2019
    It's a clever move to have the vintage portion of the market covered by the road worn bass and the more modern portion covered by the active, humbucker bass.

5. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott

May 11, 2019
    Hi does anybody else have a dark stain/mark on back of bass bottom right side at the end of the arced contour line/ corner was wondering if theres anything to protect it with or it might just be on mine lol

Attached Files:

6. I AM TRYING TO HARD TO BE A PART OF THIS CLUB..... sigh....

7. kbraker510

kbraker510

Dec 8, 2008
    What is causing you not to Bro?

8. I will be honest here. I just spent the most money I’ve ever spent on a rare bass. I have four basses in my collection and the Flea bass would indeed be the last one I buy. I’m looking for a used one.
    I live in Canada.
    I actually found one at a store in another province for $1000 CDN... and the store wrote me back and said it was gone.

I tried a flea bass in the rentals section of a music store in Toronto and it was incredible. I’m not into relic’d instruments at all.... but this felt like it was indeed aged and amazing.

plus. I’m gonna have to hide this one from the wife.

murphy likes this.
  9. kbraker510

kbraker510

Dec 8, 2008
    I see, totally get that. I love mine, very much, but the right price and it goes to a new owner( Im not pimping it out, just saying) I have found that basses sometimes don't hold my attention for very long( like electric guitars when I played), but Ive had mine for almost two years. I found a Reverend Mercalli to be a nice counterpart to it. Good luck with your search.

10. It will indeed be the last bass I buy.

11. Mikecan

Mikecan

Jan 25, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Here is a picture of mine. I honestly wouldn’t worry about it.

Attached Files:

12. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott

May 11, 2019
    Cheers mate looks the same color concerned me a bit

bigbassmike likes this.
  13. I may have bought that one. $1050+tax. :D

14. It was at Long and Mcquade bloor location in rentals. I let it go..... :(

arca_tern likes this.
  15. Someone bought one in Victoria then decided they didn’t like the road worn look so I got mine for cheap with like zero hours on it. :)

16. Oh snap. I may have an opportunity this weekend to make this a possibility. How am I gonna hide this one from the wife. Lol

17. starjag

Dec 3, 2019
    Keep us updated!

18. Saturday, Oct 16th.... appears to be the day. Meeting the seller at 1pm.... bringing my practice amp to their house. Bringing cash and hoping it's perfect..... stay tuned!

flatwound62p likes this.
  19. flatwound62p

flatwound62p

Apr 24, 2017
    Australia
    It's already 4.45pm Saturday afternoon here in Australia. Greetings from the future :thumbsup: Just letting you know that as soon as you felt that neck you bought the bass. :hyper:

Ricky Rioli, u2brothr and wyleeboxer like this.
  20. starjag

Dec 3, 2019
    Good luck!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021