Fender Flea Road Worn Jazz Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by starjag, Jan 15, 2020.

1. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    A true thing of beauty...
    A lot of people remove the Flea plate...Because they do not want his name on their bass.
    Probably more than not.....

If you want one, maybe ask Fender..giving your serial number.
    Or put a want ad in the classifieds.

How do you like the Pure Vintage 64 pickups?....I love mine and I find they are the best

2. AndreasK

AndreasK

Jun 11, 2014
    Northern Norway
    I sent an e-mail to the shop. They right away said they will get the correct plate for me :) I probably wont mount it, but nice to have for "originality".

Love the pickups so far. Only tried it a few times in shops, earlier, and on my home, practice amp. Cat wait to get it to our rehearsal space and my main rig. So warm and at the same time punchy. So many tonal options. Mostly been playing my P, the last few years. But I´m afraid the P won´t get very much action for some time :) I have a nice Squier VM Jazz, which is in no way a bad bass. But this is just another league, from my first impressions.

flatwound62p and murphy like this.
  3. kbraker510

kbraker510 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2008
    is there any way to buy the pickups themselves. i love mine too..

4. AndreasK

AndreasK

Jun 11, 2014
    Northern Norway
    A little bit more on the pickups. I´m guessing its the pickups? They are making my little Ampeg BA 108 practice amp, behave almost like at tube amp :) I´ve mostly been playing my P with flats for a long time. It doesn´t do the same, My Squier jazz, doesn´t do the same. Yesterday I finally got some propper time trying it out. I put on some Pressurewounds ( Personally not a fan of new-roud string sound). Pushing the amp a little, I got a really nice organic overdrive. Play gently, nice and clean. Dig in a little and it just growls. Impressed! And my wife suddenly understood why I wanted another jazz bass :D

5. HeartFrequency

HeartFrequency

Apr 21, 2020
    Hey everyone got a little question, I got a flea jazz bass and I love it but I can't stand the lacquer on the back of the neck, it just gets super sticky, what would be the right way to get around to removing it?

Should I just use very fine sandpaper and then wax the bare wood?

6. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I had the flea bass since early 2016, great playing bass. I guess I can join the official club! Finally bought a hard shell case for it… 5 years later!!! I’m also thinking it’s finished has dulled a bit… looking at an old picture I took when I first bought it. Maybe it’s the light or it could be the orange colored case (AVRI 74 jazz) I had it in for pictures years ago. Not sure. Thought that was interesting none the least.

74E4C8FD-5142-4544-8263-93092DAC05BA.jpeg

354DE646-BD45-45BC-8A71-807F25D2BCE0.jpeg

MattyMcMattface and jbassbob like this.
  7. i think in both these cases regarding the neck and the colour change of the body (mine is also a lot lighter than shell pink now) is the nitro finish.

I think the nitro finish of the body changes over time.

I also believe the finish might be on the back of the neck as well?

8. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I am looking forward to my color change...I love how it looks over time....mine is only 2 years old...still pinky pink

9. _Some Dude

_Some Dude

Sep 14, 2016
    Hi. Love this bass.

Wk53e71.jpg

jcPfl7k.jpg

This bass is all over this track:

AndreasK, jdubbass38 and murphy like this.
  10. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021