Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender FMT V, how I love thee.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Aug 31, 2002.

1. A rather impromptu trip out to Guitar Center last night had me play a FMT V for the first time. I was hooked up to one of 2 bass amps hooked up, thank you very much guitar center, but it was an Eden head/cab.

I heard the most beautiful sounds I ever heard.

True, it was still me playing :D but every note was full and rich in sound, everything. The neck felt amazing, the B string is nice and tight, and the bass is a beauty, to boot.

Now the only question is "How many banks must I rob in order to have this setup?!" :)

2. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    i think the fmt model V is around 1,700 american if im not mistaken and yes they are top of the line of the fender basses i like the fuctioning of the b string its not all loose and rattley like all the other fender models i currently own a fender delux active jazz and its a great bass for the bucks but, im currently looking for a warwick thumbass neckthrew for about 1,500 possibly getting one off ebay but,if anyone has one for that price you could contact me lol i just posted a post half related to this thread.

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've been checking these out as well. I'd prefer a 5 with an all maple neck. I hear that the FMT 5 only comes with the Pau Ferro fretboard. I know the FMT 4s have an all maple neck option, but I thought I saw a 5 with an all maple neck.

Fellow TBers, let me know if you see an FMT 5 with an all maple neck.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    According to the Fender website The FMT V is only available with a Pau Ferro board.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep Nino, I've seen the Fender site, but I could swear that I saw a picture of an FMT 5 with a maple neck somewhere on the net, or in a forum thread. I tried to find the pic today and couldn't. I know it was an FMT because of the unique layout of the gold plated nobs on the bass. Maybe it was actually just a 4.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fender does make other Fender 5s with all maple necks. Maybe you were mistaken?