1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender FMT V, how I love thee.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Aug 31, 2002.

1. A rather impromptu trip out to Guitar Center last night had me play a FMT V for the first time. I was hooked up to one of 2 bass amps hooked up, thank you very much guitar center, but it was an Eden head/cab.

I heard the most beautiful sounds I ever heard.

True, it was still me playing :D but every note was full and rich in sound, everything. The neck felt amazing, the B string is nice and tight, and the bass is a beauty, to boot.

Now the only question is "How many banks must I rob in order to have this setup?!" :)

2. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    i think the fmt model V is around 1,700 american if im not mistaken and yes they are top of the line of the fender basses i like the fuctioning of the b string its not all loose and rattley like all the other fender models i currently own a fender delux active jazz and its a great bass for the bucks but, im currently looking for a warwick thumbass neckthrew for about 1,500 possibly getting one off ebay but,if anyone has one for that price you could contact me lol i just posted a post half related to this thread.

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've been checking these out as well. I'd prefer a 5 with an all maple neck. I hear that the FMT 5 only comes with the Pau Ferro fretboard. I know the FMT 4s have an all maple neck option, but I thought I saw a 5 with an all maple neck.

Fellow TBers, let me know if you see an FMT 5 with an all maple neck.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    According to the Fender website The FMT V is only available with a Pau Ferro board.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep Nino, I've seen the Fender site, but I could swear that I saw a picture of an FMT 5 with a maple neck somewhere on the net, or in a forum thread. I tried to find the pic today and couldn't. I know it was an FMT because of the unique layout of the gold plated nobs on the bass. Maybe it was actually just a 4.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fender does make other Fender 5s with all maple necks. Maybe you were mistaken?