Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender! For Joy and sorrow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Splanky, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Hi everyone!

This was ment to to be a joyious "got a new bass" mail. But somehow my wonderful -75 Jazz Car RI SE managed to slip through Fender quality control. It was " the last one" at music123. Which always should raise an eyebrow. The last one could mean that all the good ones are gone.
    That struck me when the order were placed. And somehow it came true.

The base plate of the brigde were twisted :eek:
    Just slightly on the right front corner.
    It´s like you could slip under 5-7 playing cards on the right side facing the neck. Just an inch, but it means that the bridge doesn´t sit flat to the body. No signs of damadge on the finish. So it must have been mounted like this?!
    Amazing on such quite expensive limit run instrument (mine is no:289 of aprox. 300)

Contacted Fender Scandinavia. But since it was imported from the US and not sold here in Sweden they were first unwilling to deal with it.
    But after some discussions and so on they agreed to give me the phonenumber to their tech. And a promise to help me out.
    Big thanks so far to Fender Scandinavia.

Otherwise it´s flawless, wonderful and a joy to play. The PU´s gives a nice, even, deep sound.
    Compared to my MIJ -75? Well it´s not the same planet. I still love my MIJ though. It´s a keeper and will be upgraded with Badass 2 and new PU´s.
    The neck on the MIJ also feels slimmer???

Now it´s time to move on and find a good teacher to help me improve my playing and get rid of some of my 10 year old bad habits. Sigh!

Posting a picture of the family.
    It´s named Candy Girl since it´s CAR and girl because she´s a joy to be around and tell´s me then im doing wrong ;)

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hey Splanky, I also have a 75R.I. FSR bass. I bought mine in October of 2002. I spoke to Fender in Califonia about this bass and they answered all my questions. First up this bass was made exclusively for the European market. The run was supposed to be 200 pieces. Only 60 went over seas and the rest stayed in the USA. The bass is MIA but dosn't say because it was going over seas where Country of origin in not Manditory. My bass is inpeccable in craftsmanship, finish and fit. It is my main gigging bass (I own 11 basses).When it comes to the serial numbers I don't think they start at 000. I just looked at mine and I got 00312.

3. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Hi Pyrohr!

Good to hear!
    I think it´s strange anyway because the origin is quite important when it comes to resale value.
    And there are many Fender nuts over here. Me included. Maybe it´s just one of Fenders old decal issues.
    Anyway she´s a beauty, lovely to play and raises a few eyebrows.

B.t.w mine is No: 00289. You just can´t be specific enough for you guy´s :p

Take care!

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I love those CAR RI Jbasses, My favorite new production Fender.