1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Foto Flame Precision - MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jcoutu1, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey All,

I just picked up this Made in Japan Fender Foto Flame P bass a couple weeks ago...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-foto-flame-p-1014522/

The same day, I actually picked up a jazz too. I prefer the feel of the jazz and am now selling the P.

Anyway, the bass has an awesome looking "natural/yellow" foto flame finish. Made in Japan in 94-95. Body and neck both have the flame finish. It in great condition, especially for an almost 20 year old bass. There seems to be one bigger finish crack near the top of the pickguard (pictured below), but you have to really look to notice it. I think it's an alder body with basswood cap. Also, I think it has a Pau Ferro fingerboard.

Bass is currently wearing a bunch of after market parts, black tuners, KSM aluminum bridge, abalone pickguard, black knobs, black string tree, even black strings.

I have all of the original parts too, along with a Fender gig bag.

Bass is setup with very low action and plays very fast. Really cool piece, but I can't afford to keep everything (unless someone wants to pay off my credit card for me and let me keep the bass).

Anyway, it's a filthy bass and I'd like to keep it in the TB family.

SOLD! $500 PayPal'd + actual shipping
    $475 local

Only trades can be even deals for a Les Paul or something awesome that you want to trade down to my amazing P bass without any cash added (...B&B American Deluxe Jazz V).

20131003_094642.

20131003_094716.

20131003_094740.

20131003_094731.

20131003_094838.

20131003_094859.

20131003_094922.

20131003_094703.

2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    sssssssooooooooooooo PPPPPPPPPhhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!

3. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

Nov 13, 2011
    Appleton WI
    nice how did you happen to come across the p & j on the same day?

4. The J isn't a Foto Flame...it's the new Japanese '66 reissue.

Really lost my mind. Grabbed the P, J, '65 Bassman, Vibroking Cab, Ampeg 4x10 that I can't fit up my steps to my music room, and a pair of Aguilar cabs. Now I need to move a couple things to pay for it all. Oops.

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    great combination of showy and tasteful. Bet it looks great on stage.

6. Thanks man. Thing looks boss. Get it while it's hot. Wowza.

7. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Bump for a sweeeeeeet looking bass. Damn.

Does this have a P sized neck, or closer to 1.5" Jazz width?

8. MaGrass

MaGrass

Apr 14, 2013
    London, UK
    i have a japanese jazz bass from the same year, a little modded but those basses rock!!

9. Really great fit and finish on this guy. I just don't think the P is right for me.

I measured the nut this morning and it's a 1 5/8" standard modern P width. Feels chunkier than my jazz too, so I expect that it's a normal P neck.

Still here. Get it while it's hot.

10. Show us The Hamburgler!

11. Just under the right side of the P pickup in the body shot. Also, upside down, near the bottom, on the neck shot. I think there is one more on the neck.

12. Awesome.

I had this in the cherry finish. GREAT bass.

GLWTS

13. I'm stripping the bass back to stock on Monday. Last chance to get it all dressed up.

14. Pending payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.